• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. TrexMex

2000 F250 7.3l no crank no start

Hi, was helping a friend of my troubleshoot a no crank no start problem this afternoon and we couldn't make the thing run... I have narrowed it down to not getting signal to the starter solenoid when turning the start switch; batteries are good, and we can jump the starter solenoid and the crank...
  2. TrexMex

Global Ranger revisited - again

This is what we got ~2006-2010 http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=240171 This is what we got from 2010-2012 I have seen the new 2013 Ranger on the streets around here, Next time I see one I'll take a pic. Diesel has not been an option ever here in MX for the...
  3. TrexMex

TRS Banner Across North America 2012 - Alaska to Key West Florida (OFFICIAL)

From the pattern I infer the banner has just gone through Utah, huh...
  4. TrexMex

"New" engine front oil leak

So I got a "new" (used) engine under the hood after the last one failed miserably and warped the heads so bad I could stick my pinky finger between the block and the head.... Well as it turns out the new engine has some oil seeping through the front: I sprayed brake cleaner yesterday over the...
  5. TrexMex

Manual trans oil seal orientation

I removed the input shaft oil seal plate to replace the oil seal and there's an inner oil seal that doesn't look right (there was RTV in there so someone has already messed with this transmission): Shouldn't the seal be facing towards the bearing?? Thanks!!!!
  6. TrexMex

Ford black death???

I'm replacing engines in my '94 and also doing an A/C overhaul while I'm at it... Took the orifice tube out and this is what I found.... I am replacing lines, accumulator, compressor and orifice tube. If this indeed is the dreaded black death, my condenser is serpentine type, can I get away...
  7. TrexMex

cam synchro differences between 94 & 99

EDIT- I messed up the title of the thread, I'm looking for differences between 94 & 97 I am in the middle of replacing my 94 CA engine with a 97 and I would really appreciate help with the following: The cam synchros from both engines are 3-wire but the connector is different. Is the output...
  8. TrexMex

Engine Overhaul question

My truck's 20th birthay is approaching, and I am planning to perform a major overhaul on the engine, tranny, transfer case, rear differential (did the front not so long ago) and any other thing that will come apart in the process, including once and for all getting back the AC to working...
  9. TrexMex

Re-joining the Ranger community

Hello, Been out of this site for the past 2 years.. I used to be the proud owner of a '94 Super Cab 4.0 Ranger that I sold to get an SUV (twins on the way back then). 2 weeks ago got a call from my buddy I sold the truck to saying that he was putting it on sale, and I got it back (I guess...
  10. TrexMex

Oil pan spacers?

I'm in the middle of changing the oil pan gasket in my engine and both Chilton's and Haynes mention these oil pan spacers I have NEVER seen installed in there. I have removed the tranny a couple of times and I'm positive I didn't drop/missed to install anything in any of those times. Supposedly...
  11. TrexMex

97 - 200x Tail light upgrade wiring problems

I believe since this has to do with messing around with wiring this thread goes in this section... if not please feel free to move it. Stuck with the tail lights upgrade... I have followed the instructions in the tech section and after two different trailer wiring kits (both from Hopkins...
  12. TrexMex

Bringing my '94 back to life

I saw an ad with this pick a little more than a year ago: '94 Super Cab, 4x4, 75K in the odometer (5-digit odometer so I was guessing 175K, of course)... Truck was a little less than $3000.00 and it looked really nice in the pic... The tires alone were worth ~$950.00 (5 Cooper Discoverer STTs...
  13. TrexMex

manually turned the rear output shaft and heard a clunk

OK the facts, 94 super cab, manual M50D, E1354 Transfer Case... So here's the deal.. I've been hearing a clunk when going from a stop to 1st gear and then to 2nd gear for a while now, and even though it worried me I thought just drive the thing 'till the tranny sucks balls.. Today I pulled down...
  14. TrexMex

Darker blue, maybe dark gray??

Trying to decide on a color change for the Ranger... Can't decide between a darker blue or maybe a dark metallic gray... :icon_confused: I wanna keep the fenders/bumpers/grille matte black. Help anyone?? Thanks!! :icon_thumby: EDIT: I'm losing the liner, btw.....
  15. TrexMex

3rd Slave in less than a year

Found out this morning I got a leaky slave cyl again... (94 supercab, 4.0, M50D).... This is getting VERY frustrating as I've had to drop the tranny 3 times already to replace bad cylinders, all of them this year.... the last time I went for the LUK one and it failed on me too... :annoyed...
  16. TrexMex

CA law for bed extender?

Dunno if this is supposed to go in this Forum, but.... I'm supposed to pick up a bike in Irvine, CA on Saturday (Honda Shadow ACE) and dunno if the thing will fit in my bed with the tailgate up. Thing is, I don't know what the CA law is regarding carrying a secured (ratcheting hook straps in 4...
  17. TrexMex

Weird "thud" from under the truck

I'm posting this here since the last thing I messed with was the front axles and carrier oil seals, so here it goes... When braking, I can hear and feel a "thud" coming from beneath the truck; also when backing up and then going forward again. I also feel it when tilting the wheels all the way...
  18. TrexMex

Clutch doesn't disengage

So I've just put in a new clutch press, disc, and slave cylinder (carrier bearing included).. Started bleeding the clutch to find out that the pedal was going in without any effort, even though no air was going out of the system. With the engine running, it seems like the transmission is always...
  19. TrexMex

Front axle oil change

Need to re-assemble the front axle to re-seal it (leaking)... So that made me wonder what oil would be the proper one... SAE90 or SAE140? Front is Dana35 with 3.73 gears in it... anyone? thanks in advanced
  20. TrexMex

Locking hubs question

So I was reading the tech section article on the Jeep Hubs and the following sentence caught my attention: "One thing I did notice was the standard hub has a roller bearing for the axleshaft gear to ride on while unlocked. The Jeep hub uses a simple copper bushing. Not sure if this was a cost...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad