• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Buying a 2000 XLT

I have the chance to pick up a 2000 XLT V6 2WD for cheap money. The A/C doesn't work the left front wheel has a shimmy, it has 190k miles, auto. Any suggestion on what else to look for? Its going to be an around town, local use truck for me. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
  2. 2.3 starter question

1997 2.3l 5-speed no A/C. Am having intermittent electrical problems so I decided to clean all the connections I could find. Took off the large wire to the starter and the strap, cleaned, then couldn't remember how they went back. I read the Haynes manual and that says to make sure to mark the...
  3. Is it a Limited Slip?

My truck has a salvage title. I think it has a posi rear end but don't know for sure. Is there an easy way to tell? Does the old way of jacking the rear end and if the wheels turn the same way together still work? Thanks
  4. What is it?

To the left of the battery there is some sort of container with 2 removable caps on it. It has rubber tubes going to it, what is it. TIA.
  5. brake leak

I've traced the leak to the line that goes from the ABS module to the rear hose. It looks to be a nightmare to replace it goes down inside the driver side frame rail, does anyone know if I have to remove the gas tank to change it out? Also the fittings look completely rusted and I've started the...
  6. Mounting hardware

I'm replacing the original front and rear shocks on my 1997 Ranger XLT 2WD 2.3l 5 spd. Can someone give me part numbers for the mounting hardware associated with the shocks. I don't want to reuse the old stuff as it is really rusty and I'll probably have to torch them off. Thanks
  7. Help with the crooks at the assessors office

I not sure if this is the correct place to post this, but nothing else really matched. I have a 1997 Ranger XLT 2WD 5-speed, 169K miles. The truck is pretty much bare bones no A/C, has a AM/FM radio, bench seat. It has a Rebuilt, (salvage), title. I paid $700.00 for it, it needed some basic...
  8. Please help with aftermarket tachometer install

For the life of me I can't seem to find ignition wire to attach to. The manual says its a tan wire with a yellow stripe pin 48? Any help would be appreciated. 1996 Ranger 2.3, no A/C, 2WD. Thanks
  9. Looking for a Tach for my 1996 2.3

I can't seem to find anything for under a hundred bucks, heck even two hundred. My kid is learning to drive a 5 speed and I'm sure it would help him with the shift points. If anyone knows of anything out there please let me know. Thanks
  10. Replacing thermostat

As I have posted before, recently bought a 97 ranger 2.3l 2wd for my kid. It seems to take quite awhile to warm up so I fugure I'll just replace the thermostat. First, after buying it, I thought maybe the parts guy thought it was a go-cart. Can't believe how small it is. Now I look at the motor...
  11. Help please with door handle replacement

The 97 Ranger I recently purchased for my kid has a broken passenger door handle. I've bought a new one and am looking for some direction before I dive in and start breaking things to get it replaced. I've never taken a door panel off before so any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.
  12. Noob here with a squeaky serp belt

First let me say that this forum is great. I just purchased a 1997 Ranger with 160K miles for my 16 year old. Our first project; besides changing oil, filters, etc., is to fix the loud squeaky serpentine belt. Now I have some mechanical experience however I'd appreciate any help offered. Its my...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad