• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 2.9 stumble

Hi all, I have changed the throttle position sensor, oxygen sensor, coolant temp. sensor, and cleaned the throttle body on my 87 2.9, but when i hit the gas from idle, there is a noticeable stumble before it revs up...any ideas? Thanks
  2. Dana Front Axles

Hello again, I have an 87 Ranger 4x4 with the Dana 28 front end, and i have a broken left front axle. My question is I have access to a Dana 35 left front axle...Is it the same axle and will it slip in and work, or is it too big? Thanks for any info. Matt
  3. V8 swap for daily driver

Hi all, I have reached my performance limit pretty much with my 2.9 v6 5 speed 4x4 ranger. I am interested in the 302 - M5R2 swap and actually have most pieces already. My question is has anyone here done this conversion and used it as their daily driver for months or years, not just weekend...
  4. V8 wiring and tranny

I have 2 questions here and probably should have seperated them, but here goes... 1. If i were to put a carbureted 5.0 in my 87 Ranger, Do I throw out the computer wiring harness thats in it for the original 2.9 completely, or how do i wire it to run? what wires do i need? should i get an...
  5. Speed density to Mass air

Does anyone on here know what year the Ford 2.9 engine went from Speed density to Mass Air, and was it a california only thing or nationwide? Any help appreciated. thanks!
  6. No Codes

On my 87 Ranger 4x4 when i hook up my code reader and turn it on, I hear one initial click of a sensor, but thats it. I get NO codes. Truck is running decent, just wanted to check them. Any ideas? Thanks
  7. 2.8 or 2.9 performance??

Which do you guys think is easier to build more performance out of, 2.8 carbed engine, or 2.9 fuelie? I have seen videos of both on youtube, but i want you guys real world opinions.....Thanks!
  8. 2.9 performance

Hello, just picked up a spare 2.9 for my 87 ranger. Has anyone on here done a real world performance buildup on a 2.9 in their trucks? I know the downfalls of this engine already, (head cracking) and the world products recast heads for it. I also have Sven Pruetts excellent ford 60 degree V6...
  9. Left front axle replace

Hi all, just picked up an 87 Ranger 2.9 5 speed 4x4. It has a broken off left front axle, but runs fine down the road in 2 wheel. My question is what all is involved in replacing the left side axle, and how hard is it to do at home? I have a decent amount of knowledge, just looking for info from...
  10. Autolite 480 on 2.8??

Hi all, rebuilding my 2.8 and I have a 480 Autolite off a 65 mustang 289 4 barrel stock. Is this too much for the offy manifold combo, or should I stick to a Holley 390 cfm? Thanks, Matt
  11. ford 2.3 crankshaft position sensor

hello, does anyone here have any experience with these? i know the wiring goes up under the timing cover for this, but where does it come out and plug into? is it hard to change? my engine is spitting and sputtering at almost all speeds now, and codes say it is this. any help appreciated.
  12. ranger skipping and sputtering

hello again, i have codes coming up on my ranger of 211, 214, and 556. it is skipping and sputtering as i go down the road on warm days, but on cool nights like this, nothing. i know it sounds crazy, but it doesnt do it when it is cool out. crazy. any help appreciated.
  13. 94 ranger box behind front seat

hi all, can someone tell me what the heat sink box with many electrical connectors is behind the front seat of my 94 ranger? it has a factory grey plastic cover, so it must be original. any help appreciated. thanks, matt
  14. 94 ranger 4x4 2.3 5 speed has no power

hello, i just acquired a few rangers. the one i am working on now is a 94 4x4 with a 2.3 5 speed. i have driven many ranger 2.3's and this one feels like its down a cylinder but runs smoothly. check engine light is on, i pulled codes. the biggest ones were maf range too high and too low, so i...
  15. 88 ranger fuel gauge problem

hi all, i have a question. just picked up an 88 ranger 2.9 v6 5 speed stick. my problem is when i fill the gas tank all the way, the gauge only registers half a tank. i know i can get 250 miles out of a tank, but i really want the gauge to work properly again. any input appreciated. thanks, matt
  16. 2.8 2.9 4.0 flywheel balance

hi, can someone tell me if all these engines are balanced the same so i know if i can use a 4.0 flywheel on a 2.8 5 speed transmission or not? thanks, matt
  17. 2.8 ranger to 4.0 ranger tranny?

hello, my 85 ranger 2x4 with a 2.8 is running good, but the 5 speed transmission took a holiday. a friend has a 5 speed from a 91 explorer 4.0 2 wheel. will this transmission physically bolt to and work with my 2.8? what clutch and flywheel should i use? thanks alot, matt

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad