• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Z3CHYD

DJM Lower Control Arms hitting mounting bracket

So I've dealt with this issue for a year now and it's getting old, I tried searching to see if anyone else had this happen to them with zero results. My problem is this, I installed upper and lower DJM control arms on my 2003 ranger, and the lower control arms hit the mounting bracket pretty...
  2. Z3CHYD

68 F100 360 FE 3 on the tree!

So I recently sold off a few parts I had laying around, because I went with a friend to a guys house where he bought some parts, well he had a 68 F100 in the garage and I commented I wish I had one like it. Well he said I'd let it go for 2K. Done deal haha. The truck is very solid, only needing...
  3. Z3CHYD

2003 Ford Ranger Lowered 4/5 Project Daily Driver

So I've been out of the ranger game for the last 7 years. My last one was an 86 Ranger with dream beams and a flip kit, and I loved that truck, but I sold it when I joined the Air Force. fast forward 6 years later, I'm out of the Air Force, and traded my 2001 Dodge Dakota quad cab for a 2003...
  4. Z3CHYD

1986 Dodge D50 Tough Truck

Hey guys, I just traded a friend a 97 explorer with a locked up motor and rusty frame for an 86 Dodge D50 2.6L 5-speed. But this isn't your ordinary D50, this one has been fully gutted, F150 springs in front (Does NOT move much lol) full roll cage, boxed/plated/gusseted frame, welded rear, the...
  5. Z3CHYD

My First Dodges

Hey guys, I haven't been on here to often since I haven't owned a Ranger in a few years, I'm Active Duty in the Air Force and for the past 3 years I've been stationed in England. I finally got back stateside the end of September and immediately bought a 98 Dodge Durango 5.2L 4x4 from a friends...
  6. Z3CHYD

Worlds Quickest Ranger?

Anyone seen this 88 ranger gt before? Pretty built I must say, even though it's a chevy motor lol http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyuMZ5WlzAw http://youtu.be/jyuMZ5WlzAw
  7. Z3CHYD

89 Ranger 2.9 auto won't rev past 1500 when warm

I was on my way to get my recently aquired 89 Ranger 2.9L Auto inspected and on the way it felt like it was losing power going up hills, until I had it floored and the engine wouldn't go past 1500rpms. At first I thought it was the trans taking a dump on me, but when I put it in neutral and...
  8. Z3CHYD

Did I get the right tailshaft seal?

I ordered a tailshaft seal, or output shaft seal (driveshaft yoke goes into it) because mine is leaking. (86 Ford Ranger XLT 2.9L 5-speed 2wd) Of course the parts counter guy has it as there's 2 to choose from, the toyo koygo trans one and the mitsu fm145 one. I guess fm145, but on here it says...
  9. Z3CHYD

2.9L Cherry Bomb Extreme Dual Exhaust

Finally got an exhaust shop to bend me up some mandrel bent pipes for my extreme, dual out 2-1/2 inch from the stock cat to the rear. Actually not that loud, doesn't drone at all and has a nice deep note to it, not the slightest hint of rice lol. I don't have a start-up video yet as it's been...
  10. Z3CHYD

DJM Flipkit for cheap on ebay! $35

This guy is selling Ranger DJM flip kit's for 35 bucks 7 dollar shipping, I thought thats a great deal, and have already bought one for my truck :) thought I'd post it of anyone else was looking for a cheap flip kit Suspension Flip Kit FK30004 FORD RANGER 4" FLIP BRACKET | eBay
  11. Z3CHYD

ebay exhaust interchangeable?

I was looking at the fake dual exhaust on Ebay for Ford Rangers, and all that I've found is 96-on. I was looking at this particular setup (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190489176791&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT )because I already have a SI/DO muffler all ready for it...
  12. Z3CHYD

86 Ford Ranger 2wd 2.9L 5-speed

Here's my recently acquired Ranger, it's an 86 XLT 2wd, 2.9L 5-speed, bodys in good condition, but most important, the 2,9 has no ticks lol. First things first I'm going to repair the drivers side floor so it's 100% safe, then the fun begins :) cherry bomy extreme is going on, radio/speakers...
  13. Z3CHYD

swap 1st gen shifter stick with 2nd?

Hey guys. I'm getting an 86 Ranger shortly, 2.9l 5-speed and I was wondering, are the shifters interchangeable between 1st and 2nd gen rangers? I don't like the curved shifter and would prefer the straight shifter from an 88-on. I wasn't sure if anyone has done this or not but would like to...
  14. Z3CHYD

An update on my 84 V8 Ranger

(LONG UPDATE ALERT) Hi all, it's been awhile since I've been on here. Many of you have seen my old thread of my 84 ranger, and how I bought it, got it running, sold it, and bought it back from the same kid, with the trans installed. Well after I bought it, I put new tires on it, got it...
  15. Z3CHYD

93 Tempo, fuel pump not turning on with key.....

I just bought a 93 Ford Tempo, v6 5-speed with only 75K miles and brand new tires, only thing it needed was a power steering line, for a great deal, drove it home, an hour and a half away, no problems whatsoever. Next day I drive it up on wheel ramps to try to see which power steering hose is...
  16. Z3CHYD

My 84 302 5-speed Ranger :)

Just washed her yesterday and thought I'd snap some pics this morning before I go out driving on these dirty PA roads :) Any question bout the truck just ask, ENJOY!! :icon_thumby: got rear leafs out of a 92 ex cab Ranger, probably why it's raked, might do a shackle flip down the road....but...
  17. Z3CHYD

I'm Baaaacckkk!!

After a near one year hiatus from Ranger's, I'm pleased to say I'm back!!! :yahoo: Funny thing really, someone on here (1988broncoII) was looking out for me and PM'd me telling me he saw my 84 V8 Ranger on CL, and he was right!! The kid fixed what I ran out of time to do with the T5 Tranny shift...
  18. Z3CHYD

My 84 Ranger V8 idle and quick rev's

Here's a vid of my 84 Ranger before I sold it that day. It needs valve guide seals thats why its smoking. But I absolutely loved how it sounded lol there's no replacement for displacement. It was fun digging the truck out from 8 feet of snow piled up on it, not to mention cleaning the engine bay...
  19. Z3CHYD

Running the Danger Ranger with no bed and in the Snow

My friend and I were changing the fuel pump in the Danger Ranger, and with the bed off, we couldn't resist offroading a bit before we put the bed back on:icon_twisted: Part 1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVikCk8IJ_4 Part 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfnKvSJHbAY haha Now onto the...
  20. Z3CHYD

MY old 97 Lowered Ranger Now

When I sold my 97 lowered Ranger last year, it was still in rattle can flat black and was my lil "rat truck" I regret selling the thing everyday because I could an did drive it everywere. But anyways I was browsing craigslist and saw that the guy who i bought it off of is selling it now, and he...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad