• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Redranger89

1. Redranger89

Body Lift Help

I am at the step to bend the brake lines. i got the cover and clamps off. it says to bend them to gain slack. i am not sure how to bend them. do you use your hands or a small pipe bender. i want to be careful so i dont break any. i am putting a 3" on a 98 ranger. thanks for the info.
  2. Redranger89

small grinding after shifting.

after i shift and press the gas a loud grind comes from the trans or t-case. happens sometimes also when going over bumps or turning. no problem with clutch or shifting. just when a load is applied. any help would be great.
  3. Redranger89

changing gears

how hard is it to change the gears in the front diff in a 98 ranger. I am very good working with gears and re gearing. i am new to the independent front that my truck has. what do i need to get to the diff. any help would be great. thanks.
  4. Redranger89

Gears for tires

I have a 98 ranger with the 4" superlift and 3" pa body lift. i have 33's to put on and currently have 4.0, 8.8 and 3.73's. will i be ok with this set up until i get time and money to re-gear. i am planning on getting 35's and will gear to 4.56, but not for a while.
  5. Redranger89

T-bar crank with lift

I have a 4" superlift on my truck. The lift keeps the stock level for the torsion bars. This means the front end of my truck sits real low.(the arms and skid plate). If i would crank my bars a little would this help give my arms and skid plate underneath more ground clearance. thanks
  6. Redranger89

replace starter wires

I had found the my red wire to the starter was pinched flat between the block and the satrter. Then i noticed that my ground wire to the starter was broken off at the eyelet on the stud. that was wy my new batery was shorting every time i tried to connect it. and also how the old one drained. I...
  7. Redranger89

Battery problem

I went to start my truck like 5 hours after using it and it was dead. i tried to jump it with another vehical but still no juice. I went to advanced to get a new battery and when i got it back i put it in and sparks flew and it smoked like crazy. I put the positive on then put the negative on...
  8. Redranger89

98 front

I was wondering since i am new to the independent front suspension what is in the front to drive the front wheels. i am sure it is some kind of Differential but how is it classified? and how exactly does it work. I want to put 4.56 gears in do i need to do my front also to stop any damage to my...
  9. Redranger89

gears for tires?

I have a 4'' susp. lift and i am getting a 3'' body lift. i want to get 35x12.50's. i currently have 3.73 gears. am i ok to stay with those or should i go to 4.10's. and also those tires will be ok on 15x8 wheels right?
  10. Redranger89

Rear brake problem

On my 98 ranger i have been having a problem with my brakes. when i put the E brake on then try to release it the brakes stay engauged. It takes a while for them to release. it rolls back fine but when you try to move forward it sticks. I have tried to roll in reverse and slam on the brake to...
  11. Redranger89

More lift options?

I have a 4" superlift kit on my 98 ranger splash. i was wondering if there is any way to get it up some more. i know that there are body lifts out there but i dont have the time or money to get a kit like that now. i do plan on getting one though. i just want another inch or two.
  12. Redranger89

take down headliner

I was wondering how hard it is to remove the headliner and surrounding peices. i am going to install cab lights on my roof and will need to drill and wire them, so i need to get to the metal frame. i was wondering how hard of a job it is to remove all that to get to the frame. thanks joe
  13. Redranger89

98' hunbs

Has anyone Permanently Locked Your '98-'00 Vacuum Operated Hubs. I was concidering doing this because i dont have the funds to get manual locking hubs yet. I was wondering if anyone had any problems or troubles with doin this. I drive about 300 miles to get to my school 1 way and i dont know if...
  14. Redranger89

Body Lift question

I am thinking of installing a 3" body lift on my 98' Ranger Splash. I was wondering how hard it is to install it yourself. Or how much it would be at a 4x4 shop. I am good at vehical work but never have done something like this before. I know that there are alot of steps and things to do. If...
  15. Redranger89

Ranger Marker Lights

I am going to install the 5 marker lights on my 98 ranger slash. I am real excited to see the out come. I am very sure that it will turn out to be nice looking. But i have never done something like that before.i am not a stranger to vehical work and do most everything to my truck myself. I was...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad