• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by mudnsnow

1. mudnsnow

Aod always in 1st Gear

Long story short, This week end me and some friend goes play in mud with our truck(just look on youtube for Mudnsnow video to look how we play ;-)). After some time of wide open throttle fun my transmission got stuck in first gear. And since Saturday the transmission is stuck in first gear. TV...
  2. mudnsnow

Buy the good winch???

I want to buy a winch for my trail Ranger, Wich one should i buy. I want nothing less than 8000Lbs. Wich brand are thrustable and wich ones are noth(Warn,superwinch,champion,titan,etc.....) I've run throught one at Canadian tire(superwinch 8500lbs @ 400$ #40-5944-8) wich ones do you use on your...
  3. mudnsnow

Strange ''Popcorn'' noise

Today my truck started to make a really strange noise. I was accelerating at full throttle and a loud ''popcorn in the microwave'' noise comming from the engine occur, My friend in the car behind me have heard the sound too. I think it's backfire coming from the exhaust, but i'm not sure. And...
  4. mudnsnow

5.0 Way too rich need help!!!!

Here my problem. When i start my 5.0 Ranger in the morning the engine run way too rich. The engine misfire on a lot of cylinder(Run very rought). When the engine begin to warm up the engine stop misfiring but still run very rich.I think the misfire stop when the cpu enter in closed loop. I've...
  5. mudnsnow

D35 with a 5.0

Anybody here have a 5.0 Ranger with a d35 front end ? What's part have you broke while mudding.....Under my 1983 Ranger i have a D28 and i think it's too weak to handle the 5.0 and the 31 MT tire. I have broken 2 passenger side axle shaft(U joint broke and destroyed the shaft) while...
  6. mudnsnow

Remote filter kit problem

I've bought my remote filter kit last spring from ford motorsport. This week this crap begin to leak. The oil bypass adapter have cracked. Anybody know where i could find a better one the replace it. I need ones shipped to Canada in a resonnable delay(i've waited 2 month last spring for the kit :()
  7. mudnsnow

V-8 redline

I have a 1989 5.0L(non-HO) in my Ranger i just want to know where the redline is. When i floor it, the transmission shift at about 5500 RPM.
  8. mudnsnow

BW1356 manual t-case problem

Long story short. I've bought a 89 FS Bronco from the junkyard, the 2 driveshaft was behind the seat. I've taken all the powertrain from the bronco and i've put it into my Ranger. I've taken my 4 driveshaft to the macine shop to make a set of 2 that will fit my Bronco/Ranger. But i was unable to...
  9. mudnsnow

My 1983 Ranger project(first run)

Here a video of my 83 Ranger project. VIDEO The engine need some adjustement, but it's not bad fo a first run :) I've also a thread under RBV under construction that show the work done on this truck The yellow CJ7 is to my friend, We built it 4-5 years ago. He have a GMC 350 TBI under the hood.
  10. mudnsnow

AOD problem

I've just received my rear d-shaft today, and i've installed it. I was all excited to take the first ride with my 5.0L Ranger :3gears: .....I put it in gear and nothing, raise rpm to 2-3000 rpm and 4-5 second later the transmission engage. Let it return to idle for some second and she return to...
  11. mudnsnow

Snow :(

When this snow is going to melt ?? :sad: Here's a pic of my house :( it's like 8 feet of snow all around the house last summer the tan thing in the snow is like 8 feet tall. Look behind the jeep it's the same Tan swing. And here's a pic of the Bronco(the black thing on the snow) i've used...
  12. mudnsnow

Oil filter relocalization kit and safety

i've just installed the part on the engine and i'm thinking about where is the best place to but the oil filter....... Any idea or pics of yours. Anybody have ever put an oil pressure switch on this to stop the engine in case of an engine oil pressure line failure ????? Where is the best place...
  13. mudnsnow

RBV engine poll

Hom many cylinder have your RBV
  14. mudnsnow

Engine survey

How many cylinder do you have on your RBV
  15. mudnsnow

Mustang tri Y headers

Is this going to fit on my 83 Ranger 4X4 with a 5.0l,AOD,BW1356.??? Link

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad