• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

1. Trouble Finding Gas Tanks

Sorry guys I'm not too sure where to post this. I woke up yesterday morning and someone had drilled a hole in my gas tank. It's a 2003 Ranger XLT with the 4.0 L and it's 4wd. For the life of me I can't figure out which gas tank I need to order. I know I can just drop the tank and compare it to...
  2. 2.3L ('02-'11) 2003 ford ranger battery keeps draining

I’ve been having an issue where my truck dies over night. Went got the battery charged then I went and got it tested the battery alternator ect were all good. car battery drainage issue didn’t stop, and I’ve made some progress. I went around my truck, checking for anything, that could be...
  3. 5.0 Swap

I know the 5.0 swap has been done a billion times. Im heavily considering doing it and am already aware of the wiring and computer issues that may and will pop up. What im asking is will the T56 Trans bolt to an 01 5.0 out of an explorer, and are there any adapter plates or ways to bolt a TCase...
  4. engine swap?

What engines will swap into a 2003 ford ranger edge 3.0l? I'm up for anything even if it's not ford
  5. 2003 ford ranger edge alternator

Hi, my alternator is currently going on my 2003 ford ranger edge 3.0L. if I'm not mistaken I have the 95A alternator. I have an aftermarket audio pieces in my truck. Will the 130a alternator from a 2004 ford escape 4.0L fit my truck? I have one available near by. Thanks in advance
  6. Vegas Dezert Fab

Just put in my order with Vegas Dezert Fab for their brand new kit! I have a 2003 2wd Edge. The development for this kit is supposedly being finished this week. It gets rid of the tubing they used on a few of their old components and everything is now boxed. It should have 16" usable travel. I'm...
  7. Truck has trouble starting when a passenger is in the seat

My friend has an 2003 ford ranger with a 4.0 v6 she's saying that she is having trouble starting it when there is a passenger or weight in the passenger seat. All it will do is turn over but after the person or weight is moved from the passenger seat it will turn over and and then eventually...
  8. New guy with an edge

Hey all, dumped my Chevy Colorado for an 03' edge 4x4 with the 4.0 and man do I love it! It has just over 100k miles, the owner had meticulous maintenance records with synthetic oil, and came with a Western suburbanite plow, it hasn't snowed much here near South Bend Indiana.. But when it does...
  9. 2003 Ranger drive shaft broke in half!

Hi guys, New member here; first of all thanks in advance for taking a look at this. Here's the short of it: I've a 2003 Ranger, 4x4, SuperCab, V6, EDGE package that I bought ~4 years ago. No big issues so far until coming from dinner this wknd the rear shaft drive broke in half (seemingly) with...
  10. No Injector Pulses

Bottom line on this one: No injector pulses using a Noid tester. Background Info: 2003 Ranger 3.0, was working perfectly and my nephew who will remain anonymous for stupidity sake, went to the local mudhole and tipped his truck in a monster truck rut. This rut was full of water and he had his...
  11. hilltopfarm

Rattle?

Ok, I am stumped on this one. I just replaced the slave cylinder on my 2003 FX4 ranger. When I got it all back together it makes a rattling sound when I shift at lower RPMs (1500-2000) It almost sounds like a loose cat heat shield, but they are all tight. It makes the same sound on start-up...
  12. High RPMs on neutral, possible vaccum leak?

Hey everyone, happens to be my first post! I just recently bought a used Ranger (2003 2.3L 4cyl) and it just developed a small RPM issue. I'll do my best to be verbose: When I start the engine, the RPMs are very slow to settle down. Starts out at about 2k and works its way down to ~800 over...
  13. Aftermarket seat brackets 2003 Edge Std Cab

I'm trying to replace an uncomfortable driver seat in my 2003 Ranger Edge, Standard Cab. I'm willing to pay a couple hundred for a nice racing seat, but I'm having a hard time finding brackets for the 03 Standard Cab. Here's a link for Scat Procar seat brackets, and they only show as...
  14. 2003 donor ranger to a 1999

I currently drive a 1999 xlt 4.0 with 210000 miles on it... It is definitely a wonderful truck, but the front end has seen better days. My buddies dad just wrecked his 2003 xlt 4.0 that only had 120000 miles on it. I am looking at having the chance to get any parts off of his truck that I could...
  15. 2003 Ranger owner

Hi all, Bought this truck new in 2003; it's a 2.3L RWD with a manual 5-speed. The only option included was A/C, but I bought it with the intention of driving it as loooong as possible! It just turned 90,000 miles, and has been fully paid for now for some years! I'll be looking around here...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad