• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

1. theGreatDane

Engine..... uhhh improvements?

I am going to replace the lifters pretty soon in my 99 4.0. While i have everything apart, i wanted to maybe get a little more of an aggressive cam. I have been reading about the comp cams 410. is this really my only option? I am very new to this, as this will be my first project of this...
  2. 1999 V8 swap

I have a 1999 ford ranger 2.5 auto and the tech shows to 97 on a v8 swap and the newer one mention the v8 swap out of the suvs. I am planning a v8 swap but i am wanting to just go simple and drop a carbureted v8 into my 1999 ranger. So bein that simple, what mounts do i use and any tips would be...
  3. Bouncing / High Idle problem - 1999 Ranger 4.0 4x4 Auto

My truck idles around 1,000 RPMs (after warming up) and seems to like to jump up and down. It will jump up to about 1500 RPM for a few seconds and then slowly drop back down to 1,000 RPM. I thought it was my AC causing the idle to increase and decrease so I unplugged it to check and it didn't...
  4. "Jerky" starts/stops.

All, My truck has been doing this since I bought it and I'm just curious if anyone else has experience with this issue. When taking off from a stop, the truck (transmission I'm assuming) jerks a little bit. It feels almost like something is engaging. The same thing happens when I come to a...
  5. 2003 donor ranger to a 1999

I currently drive a 1999 xlt 4.0 with 210000 miles on it... It is definitely a wonderful truck, but the front end has seen better days. My buddies dad just wrecked his 2003 xlt 4.0 that only had 120000 miles on it. I am looking at having the chance to get any parts off of his truck that I could...
  6. Door jam switch 99 4.0

I have a 99 Ranger XLT 4.0 4wd power mirrors power windows. Driver side door switch went out. Pulled it (what a pain that was) went to autozone got a switch, wrong one.:icon_confused: Pulled up catalogs with pics at Napa Autozone and Schuck's and they didn't have the correct replacement...
  7. DaveR

Hello All Ford Lovers! I'm Dave and have owned fords all my life. 76 F100, 78 F150, 82 Ranger, 88 Full Size Bronco, 93 Full size Bronco(both Eddie Bauer's), 88 Ranger, 91 Explorer, 98 Explorer, and my current is a 99 Champagne colored, supercab, Auto x-msn and hubs, 4.0 liter, 4wd, and...
  8. I need help asap!!!!!!!!!!!!

i was driving to my house when i see the oil pressure gauge go down all the way. the truck stalled and stopped. i tried turning it back on but it wouldn't. i have no idea what the problem might be. please help me
  9. Rims?

First post, easy question for you all: I've got a 99 ranger, 2.5L standard, 2wd, 14in rims. In my experience, older ranger rims (even 14in 5 lug ones) don't fit on my truck (the center hole aint quite wide enough) this truck is a BEATER so I aint buying a new set of rims so, my buddy can get...
  10. 99 Ranger Tranny not going in to gear when cold

Hello all. I've got a 99 Ranger 4.0L 4x4. From what I can tell, the transmission code on the build sheet on the door jamb is a 'D' which translates into a 5R55E. There no service lights being illuminated on the dash. Please correct me if I am wrong. However, I am not sure how I have a 5...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad