• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

I need help asap!!!!!!!!!!!!

franger9

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
i was driving to my house when i see the oil pressure gauge go down all the way. the truck stalled and stopped. i tried turning it back on but it wouldn't. i have no idea what the problem might be. please help me

bcost882

U.S. Military - Active
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2000, 2011
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L, 1.6L
Transmission
Manual
I cant remember if the 4cyls have it but a cam position sensor then it sounds like it seized up and thus is not turning the oil pump and you cant start it becaus ethe computer cant tell where the cam is. if you have a distributor then it is prolly the same idea cam gear on dis is toast and isnt turning it to fire the spark plugs. I can only hope that you didnt drive for too long with it out or you may have toasted your engine too so check that out.

kimcrwbr1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.8l
Transmission
Automatic
Does it have oil and smell the dipstick if it smells burnt not good. Hopefully the loss of oil pressure was just the engine stoppin not the other way engine stopping from loss of oil pressure. Pull the codes does it have a check engine light.

Original_Ranger84

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984, 1999
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L, 3.0L
Transmission
Manual
The newer motors all have coil packs and cam sensors, if the cam sensor goes out so does the oil pump and the engine can't run because it hasn't a clue how to adjust the timing.

Jolly Roger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
What does turning it back on mean? Do you have interior lighs? Does dash lights come on when you turn the key? Not tryin to be a prick. My 93 did the some thing a few times. The small wire conection on the starter is the biggest problem for me. Also someone wraped bear wires around the silinoid on the fender behind the fuse box one the fire wall. If its something else? Please correct me. When i cut back the wires and put ends on the majority of them it was good.

steve63

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
does the engine even turn over?,get a socket and a rachet and see if you can turn the motor over at the crank,if you cant,the engine is most likley seized,then youre screwed,if you can turn the engine over by hand,then it most likley something else like a cam timing sensor,or ignition problem,check youre fault codes.

97ranger xlt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
maybe the timing belt snapped...:shok:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals