• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. wheel area rattle vibration when braking to a stop plus turning at low speed

hopefully I can please post this camry question for my father since I'm already a member here. 2004 toyota camry ~110K miles. recent new tires, brake pads and rotors are in good shape. when turning sharp left at low speed plus hitting the brake (like when turning into the driveway to park)...
  2. Ranger new radiator trans fluid port blocked?!

please reply soon because my truck is all taken apart and I'm not sure if I should install this new radiator or buy one from autozone. I bought this radiator off ebay for like $80, more than half the price of autozone, but where the trans fluid lines attach, the upper one has some sort of...
  3. AC Evaporator leaking from coolant flush?...

2008 Ranger, 2WD, 3.0 liter 6 cylinder. 90K miles. So, I followed coolant flush directions from chrisfix on youtube who is pretty good, he's got like 10 mil subs. I: 1) Drained the radiator and reservoir. 2) Filled radiator with just distilled and drove about 30 mins with heater on (heat...
  4. Exhaust gasket is good and just bolts rusted away?

Sorry to post about a 2015 Honda Pilot EX-L 6 cyl 3.5, sister's car, but some have helped me here with cars other than my Ranger. thanks. She brought it to me because it's loud from an exhaust leak. It seems only the bolts rusted away? Or is there a missing gasket/flange? When I enter this...
  5. Niece drove her first car with no oil ! = clanking...

I know this is mostly a Ranger-only forum but knowledgeable folks here might know. my niece just got her license and a 2007 nissan murano SUV w about 111K miles. She knows nothing about cars yet. It has a computer/screen that said to change the oil for some time and she didn't. The Low-Oil...
  6. Did someone throw away my Camber Bolt parts? Upper Control arm.

2008 Ranger, 2WD, 3.0 liter 6 cylinder. 90K miles. Maybe previous owner/mechanic discarded camber bolt parts? I brought it to a mechanic just for an oil change and replace 2 tires. I noticed a while ago whenever I drive over even just the 1.25" curb in front of my driveway apron that it...
  7. Misfire V6 3.0 Ranger Running bad rough after engine washed cleaned!

2008 V6 3.0 Ford Ranger 2WD automatic. bought this truck about a year ago 70K miles. I wasn't really planning on washing the engine because I knew it could mess things up, but two days ago I washed the Winter road salt from underneath (my previous 2000 Ranger V6 4.0 had only 80K and ran great...
  8. what why cause dust cover shield rub rotor replace new install? grind squeal noise?

sorry for title, I wanted to put many key words to help anyone else trying to figure this out. I read many threads people had this happen but no real explanation as to why. Are new rotors sometimes thicker than OEM? I know break pads don't contact or wear down the outer rim of the rotors...
  9. Only 1 of 2 bolts holding Alternator...

2006 Honda pilot (sorry I know this is a ford forum but hoping for some insight anyway, not my car.). I have a 20" breaker bar that couldn't even budge the OEM torque so I tapped it with a hammer and they came out. They were surprisingly tight compared to things I've removed on my ford ranger...
  10. speedometer not working & I think temp gauge

I have a piece of garbage 2000 ranger 6 cylinder 4 liter which is ruined by rust. It would be a great truck if it weren't for the rust but I can barely work on anything without rusted bolts rounding off and needing to be grinded into a square to get a wrench on it. The frame is cracked from rust...
  11. NJ Inspection in 3 weeks. 2 codes. Erase NOW? or ?

2000 Ford ranger 6 cylinder. I have a code reader. Shows 2 codes: P0171 & P0174 (system too lean bank 1, and bank 2 [hopefully just a leak intake pipe or clean MAF again). I have all things 'Ready' except for EVAP. My inspection 2 years ago, I passed with p0171 PENDING and EVAP NOT READY. I...
  12. Cracked exhaust pipe after driving through puddle. No codes about cylidners.

I have a 6 cylinder 2000 Ranger with ~60K miles, and it has a lot of rust. I drove thorugh a few 6" puddles 3 days ago. Immediatley after driving through the last one, I heard the muffler/engine sounding rough, but doesn't sound too bad compared to what I've read others had. I didn't think it...
  13. Which differential oil? Friction Modifier? 2000 Ranger R5 axle

Here's a picture of my door tag if that helps. I REALLY don't want to mess this up. The Differential doesn't have leaks or problems that I know of. I just think it's time to change it. It's a 2000 Ranger 2-wheel drive (rear) 4.0 Liter 6 cylinder with 70,000 miles. There's no Tag on the...
  14. P0455 EVAP Large Leak: After Vapor Canister Solenoid replaced

anyone wanna take a crack at this? 2000 ford ranger 2 wheel drive 4.0 litre 6 cylinder 70,000 miles. I originally had codes: P1451 Evap Emessions Ctrl system vent Ctrl Cir P0133 02 sensor Circuit Slow response bank 1 sensor 1 P0153 02 sensor circuit slow response bank 2 sensor 1 P0171 system...
  15. Which rear axle differential vent hose + valve? 2000 Ranger

I have a 2000 Ranger 2-wheel drive 4.0 Liter 6 cylinder 70K miles When I bought the truck, the differential vent hose was dangling 6 inches off the ground. I didn't know what it was. The idiot mechanic that changes my oil told me it's pressure relief (correct) but that I don't need to do...
  16. Right and Left Oxygen Sensor confusion. The same does it matter interchangeable

This is an email I just sent to Bosch after buying my sensors an hour ago, just seeing if I can get some insight from here in the forum. thanks. I have a question about oxygen sensors. I have a 2000 Ford Ranger 2WD 4.0L 6 Cylinder XLT Pickup. I plug that into Advance Auto Parts website to...
  17. 2000 ranger P0153 P0133 Drive into lake and report it stolen?

I have codes p0153 p0133 and I just want to drive this F truck into a lake and report it stolen. Well, ok seriously. I have a 2000 ranger with 70K miles. 4.0 Litre 6 cylinder automatic. I know there are hundreds of threads about these codes but hopefully I can give clues as to what needs...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad