• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Help with Evap code P0455

Thanks for the correction. Do you know what it is or where it goes?
  2. Help with Evap code P0455

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 99 ranger 4.0 2wd. CEL went on today for p0455 evap leak. Checked and think I found a rotted hose going to the manifold that will be replaced. While looking at the purge valve, I noticed this yellow wire not going anywhere. Anyone know what it is or where...
  3. How to Pull ABS codes on 99 Ranger 2wd

I appreciate you willingness to help!!!
  4. ABS light Comes On After Replacing Brake Light Switch

Just to give everyone who helped out and replied and for those who may have a similar in the future. The issue was the brake switch. Apparently the discount auto BWD AND the autozone Duralast brake switch were both bad. A ford tech friend I have in Florida said to try an OEM brake switch and...
  5. How to Pull ABS codes on 99 Ranger 2wd

Just to give everyone who helped out and replied and for those who may have a similar in the future. The issue was the brake switch. Apparently the discount auto BWD AND the autozone Duralast brake switch were both bad. A ford tech friend I have in Florida said to try an OEM brake switch and...
  6. How to Pull ABS codes on 99 Ranger 2wd

Yeah pressing brake on and off and BOO only says on. However i did not try it while car was on. Yes the Brake light IS on. Also lights up and light goes off when the parking brake is engaged and disengaged, ALTHOUGH I did have to put some wd 40 to get it to light up a few weeks ago. ABS rear...
  7. How to Pull ABS codes on 99 Ranger 2wd

Just went outside and indeed 2 lines so RABS
  8. How to Pull ABS codes on 99 Ranger 2wd

Interesting. If it's an honest-to-goodness node on the OBD2 bus, there are ways to "ferret out" the nodes and it could be manually queried, but I really would think that FORScan would've found it. The fact that it didn't makes me worry (for the OP's sake) that maybe it's not really on the bus...
  9. How to Pull ABS codes on 99 Ranger 2wd

Before starting FORScan, do you have the key fully turned (i.e. to the position where, if you turned it any further, the vehicle would actually start)? On my 2004 Ranger, none of the nodes communicate unless the key is fully turned, but I know of some GM vehicles where all of the nodes except...
  10. How to Pull ABS codes on 99 Ranger 2wd

Nice way of saying I am screwed lol lol. Thank you for your help ! I do really appreciate it though
  11. How to Pull ABS codes on 99 Ranger 2wd

I just ordered the rear speed sensor as a shot in the dark like you said. And yeah checked brake fluid and the GEM handles wipers lights and all that stuff, did not see anything to do with braking or ABS in there.
  12. How to Pull ABS codes on 99 Ranger 2wd

To better describe what is going on. Turn on the truck ABS light is off. Drive down the street at 10-15mph it goes on. Turn off the truck and restart it and the light is off. Drive again at that speed and it comes back on. Side note changed the brake switch the day before the light went on. So...
  13. How to Pull ABS codes on 99 Ranger 2wd

So I get the OBD Link EX get it all setup on Forscan and go to the truck to pull ABS codes and nothing. Doesn't even to be reading the ABS module. Am I doing something wrong here??? Some pics for reference. Very frustrating!
  14. How to Pull ABS codes on 99 Ranger 2wd

Orca, I thank you!! You have been so helpful. I am gonna get the EX. I just need it to check ABS code and see what needs to be replaced and any other future Codes that come up. Much appreciated!!!!
  15. How to Pull ABS codes on 99 Ranger 2wd

THANK YOU for that wealth of knowledge!!!!! Seems like amazon has the obdlink EX for 33.95 https://www.amazon.com/OBDLink-EX-FORScan-OBD-Adapter/dp/B081VQVD3F/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=OBDLINK+EX&qid=1606338565&sr=8-2 I am thinking it may be better to just get the EX and just download the...
  16. How to Pull ABS codes on 99 Ranger 2wd

Thanks so much for that help I will try to buy a scanner to pull the codes.
  17. How to Pull ABS codes on 99 Ranger 2wd

Anyone know if jumping some wires can make you self diagnose with flashing ABS light?
  18. How to Pull ABS codes on 99 Ranger 2wd

Can someone help? As mentioned above, need help pulling ABS codes on my 99 ranger 4.0 RWD. Local autozone and discount auto says they can only pull codes from CEL and there is very limited info on the net on how to do this. Any help would be appreciated.
  19. ABS light Comes On After Replacing Brake Light Switch

Yeah I agree with you but my local auto parts store said they cannot pull any codes from the ABS system. Is there a hack to do it myself? Like jumping some wires to pull the code?
  20. ABS light Comes On After Replacing Brake Light Switch

Long story short, my 99 Ranger 4.0 apparently had the brake lights out for god knows how long. Luckily I drive it twice a month. In any even run down to advance auto and replace the brake switch. All is well until I drive today and notice that after a few minutes the ABS light comes on and stays...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad