• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. racsan

possible new project

I drive by this house every day, 2 vehicles & a camper sit outside, never move. Yard does get mowed but it’s obviously a empty home. Thinking of leaving a note with my # & a $500 offer for the gen 1 ranger. Know nothing about it. But it may have potential. the other vehicle is a S-blazer, unsure...
  2. racsan

por 15 or eastwood products?

Im about to start on the rear wheelwell repair of my ‘09 escape, plan on using either por-15 or something similar from eastwood products. Any recommendations from someone who has used both? I have used por-15 before, its great but if something else is better or just as good for the $. I plan on...
  3. racsan

Happy GROUND-HOG day!

4. racsan

Another escape

So, Ive found another gen 2 escape, 2009/4cyl/fwd. they are asking $3K for it, has 155K miles, looks decent, usual rust over rear tire at arch but frame & liftgate are ok. I asked about it and was told they could come down some on price because the electric power steering is “out”. (didnt say...
  5. racsan

Hard to shift-mechanically.

My dad has a new to him ‘99 or 2000 (forget which) 2wd 2.5 shortbed auto and its hard to shift, isnt the cable as he had that replaced. Any thing to look for or be aware of? He isn’t familiar with the ranger chassis and Ive only had manuals (except for that one 3.0/auto that wasnt on the road...
  6. racsan

google maps

Have you ever seen those cars with the big camera contraption driving around, kind of slowly too? Well early this august we were headed out somewhere in the ranger, as we got to the end of the drive I see this car go by with the huge camera thing on the roof, Well- I guess we are going to be on...
  7. racsan

flickr posting test

https://www.flickr.com/gp/154582078@N03/sX6360Wcz4
  8. racsan

Is a lincoln mkc really just a ford edge?

Just wondering, Brenda found a 2017 lincoln mkc online at a dealer 30 miles away. “premier “ trim level (whatever that means) 140K, 2.0 I-4, awd, 18” tires. black in color. Kind of reminds me of a edge but not sure if it’s based off one. $12K. Looks good in the pictures, Id rather have another...
  9. racsan

Ugh- more frame repair/patching ahead.

Well when I changed my tires out a few weeks ago I noticed a spot on the frame, left side where the shock mount rivits on, (The shock mount itself broke off from rust several years ago, I rigged up a new one with galvanized strap steel.) I tapped the frame where it was bubbling up and a hole...
  10. racsan

New trailer!

My old tandem flatbed 7x10 has been deemed no longer roadworthy and Ive been looking for a replacement for a while now, seems like anything worth buying aint much less than new , no where close to home and even though I really wanted another tandem axle, preferably a small car hauler over a...
  11. racsan

2011 gmc 1/2 ton

The lot that im considering a 2nd escape from also has a few trucks, one appeals to me even if it is a gm. Its a 2011 extended cab 1/2 ton 4wd. Base work truck trim, vynil floor, transfer case lever instead of the buttons or switch. 4.8 V8 with 4L60E auto. White in color, 125K miles for $7,000...
  12. racsan

Toy box- take 2.

I built the original 7 years ago, from scratch with materials I happened to have on hand. Only things I bought were the name letters, hardware and stain/polyurethane. Oct 1st my daughter had a fire, started in her sons room,IN the toybox somehow. So Im trying to duplicate it as best as I can...
  13. racsan

1988 F150 2wd longbed

Considering checking this out, dont know much about it, Belongs to a woman I used to work with. AOD transmission, cruise control, a/c (doesnt work though) seat doesnt look tore up, some rear wheelwell rust but not horrible for a 88. Might be a decent buy. Id guess a 300 or 302 but a 351 could be...
  14. racsan

2.3L ('83-'97) ‘94 manifold to downpipe (converter) bolts.

Cant seem to find these things, I assume they are metric like the rest of the engine, My original manifold has rusted, broke off bolts in them, the junkyard manifold didnt come with any, I went to 3 local parts stores with no luck. Looks like a coarse thread. Im considering just using long 3/8”...
  15. racsan

House hot water heater.

Well it looks like its time for the dreaded job of changing out the hot water heater. I knew from the looks of the outside of it that it was on borrowed time when we moved here last fall, seems to be electrical rather than ruptured but given the signs of slight leakage at the thermostat covers...
  16. racsan

saw first 2 door bronco

Out front at my local ford dealership, across the street (where I took the picture from) they have a small rv dealership. So thats why theres a vintage-style camper trailer hitched up. Wanted to stop but didnt feel like talking to the vultures that appear as soon as you walk up to look.
  17. racsan

Happy 4rth!

Im sure most celebrated already, since tomorrow its back to work, were just having stuff on the grill tonight. Seen plenty of fireworks the last few days.
  18. racsan

ants.

Ive got ants, all over the truck, doesnt seem to be any in the cab, was watering the garden & noticed the hood, windshield & roof of the ranger have tiny black ants all over it. A few weeks back (maybe a month now) I had got the truck stuck in a marshy wet area that was shaded by trees, had ants...
  19. racsan

Escape wheel bearings. yuk.

Well just dropped off the 2011 awd escape for a diagnostic, Im thinking its wheel bearings, specifically the rear. has a rumbling noise above 35 and really sounds scary at 55. Odd thing is it started all of a sudden. Saturday we were coming home (about 40 miles away at that) down a unfamiliar...
  20. racsan

speedometer on 94 went to max

Driving home today the speedometer went crazy, I was about halfway home and had just looked at the speedometer to see where it was (about 60) as Im looking at it , it swings to full right, I heard a small “tick” like the needle hit a peg (but I dont think this series has a max peg) . It stayed...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad