• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Rose2300

93 4/5 Drop Help.

the flip kit alone will place the axle within 2 inches of the chassis. for 5+ inch rear drops a mini notch is recommended to recover some of the rear travel you'll loose. mini notches just bolt right up to the frame.
  2. Rose2300

replace 2.3 DOHC with SOHC

Not to mention putting in a sohc would be a wiring nightmare too. just replace the engine. putting in a sohc is essentially a downgrade, since the dohc has more power and matches the sohc in terms of reliability. I've owned both and they were both bulletproof engines, but the dohc was my...
  3. Rose2300

Engine Tap

old thread but from what i've learned searching through some threads on here is that its normal; these 2.3's are notoriously noisy engines, don't worry about it. mine with 70k on it did it
  4. Rose2300

1K post! And sold ranger

I'd just like to share that i finally attained my 1000th post! :yahoo: It's also sad because I sold my ranger :sad: 2wd just wouldn't cut it for Moscw winters and I had hopes of finding a 3rd gen 4.0 4wd 5spd but everything that surfaced was way over priced and had too many miles. So a few...
  5. Rose2300

98+ DJM Upper Control Arms Too Wide For Frame

see this is an example when you should see when the op was last online and then pm him and not bring up a year old thread.
  6. Rose2300

Poor Mans Leveling and traction control kit

this is a good way to ruin leaves
  7. Rose2300

no duratec info in tech library?

or you could just pull a turbocoupe engine and throw it in a ranger its probably better than ebay kits. and no you'll encounter way more problems than what its worth trying to do a duratec swap
  8. Rose2300

Lowering stuff for sale...

Just a guess
  9. Rose2300

Lowering stuff for sale...

i'd be all over this if i wasnt paying for tuition right now haha. GLWS
  10. Rose2300

Coil spring interchange

why dont you cut the coils youre gonna buy and keep the originals in case you dont like it?
  11. Rose2300

no its fine i have a haynes manual
  12. Rose2300

well nothing in particular, but it would be nice to have a page to reference to from time to time, know what i mean? i guess i could go troll on the focus forums and see what i find but even when you do a search there isnt really any solid tips, info, etc
  13. Rose2300

1" drop? Any suggestions?

a barely noticeable drop is definately not worth the effort
  14. Rose2300

too low?

nice "fuel cell" haha
  15. Rose2300

how low in the rear until a c notch is required?

it may be valid but it's my thread. you're new here you probably havent run into issues with thread jacking yet haha. and as far as a $75 jy rear end goes alot of times you must recondition the rear end, unless you get lucky. trust me a 7.5 will hold up to the 2.3's power all day with no issues...
  16. Rose2300

05 5.0 awd

stock torsion keys can go around 1-2 inches iirc, i've heard of lowerin keys for them. except this is with the edge suspension i don't know how low you can go without running into binding issues with the cv's maybe? i've seen a near 4-5 drop on an edge i just cant remember how they did it though
  17. Rose2300

you would have to weld on new shock mounts and i dont have acccess to a welder. a flipkit is 60 bucks and simple to install, and i dont think my 2.3 would destroy a 7.5 that easily. you also theadjacked me and i dont appreciate that
  18. Rose2300

from what ive gained through research i should be fine without a notch with a flip kit since i have a reg cab, but ill do a bolt in notch so i have at least a little bit of travel haha
  19. Rose2300

maybe i didn't look hard enough but i did not see any info on duratecs in the tech library. maybe someone with more technical experience and knowledge could change this?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad