• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

no duratec info in tech library?

Rose2300

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Toyota
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
maybe i didn't look hard enough but i did not see any info on duratecs in the tech library. maybe someone with more technical experience and knowledge could change this?

Sam_Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
were you looking for something in particular? perhaps i can help.. im not the "know it all" but by probing I or someone else may be able to guide you in the right direction

Rose2300

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Toyota
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
well nothing in particular, but it would be nice to have a page to reference to from time to time, know what i mean? i guess i could go troll on the focus forums and see what i find but even when you do a search there isnt really any solid tips, info, etc

Sam_Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
yea i get you. Not that it matters much but I have a friend who works at auto zone and gave me the haynes manual so another option for you could be to message me and i can send you a pic/scan of the info you want.

Rose2300

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Toyota
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
no its fine i have a haynes manual

twentyover

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
OK, I'll go fishing here. I have a 93 Mustang with the Lima engine. this is a commuter, needs to get good gas mileage, why I bought a 4 cylinder. I've been asking around on the Mustang forums is anyone has executed a duratech swap and basically all they do is mumble turbo lima and send me away. Has anyone done a duratech into Lima application?

theturbokid83

U.S. Military - Active
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Total Drop
Tire Size
255/55r18 or 235/75r15
My credo
We're only as good as our gear.
There is a turbo kit on ebay from speed daddy. three different stages. find a good fab shop on line and have intakes made speed daddy does custom hearers. and a company called MSDS http://www.msdsinc.com/exhaust.html has N/A header. may not flow much more then the manifold but it does not weigh as much. Mazda 3 superchargers can be modded to fit. ditch your mech. fan. and i swear by my Diablo predator tuner. Crower makes cams from mild to wild. and just good old weight reduction so all and all. you can get one moving! Drop a line if you got a question.

Rose2300

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Toyota
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
or you could just pull a turbocoupe engine and throw it in a ranger its probably better than ebay kits. and no you'll encounter way more problems than what its worth trying to do a duratec swap

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals