• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

93 4/5 Drop Help.

JMOliver

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Im new to the forum and i bought a 93 ranger as a DD 2 weeks ago, its a 2.3/5spd XLT single cab. Im use to lifting jeeps as those are my toys but im not use to lowering a I-beam truck. After going through pictures, looking on forums i really wanna do a 4/5 drop on my DD. Can someone give me a list of what i need?. I would like to know so i can get my money saved up to do this.

What i have found so far that i need.

3 inch drop I-beams
1 inch lowering coils
flipkit
turn spring hangers on rear over
shocks

please correct me if i am wrong, and also wheres the best place to buy this stuff at. I did a little looking on ebay but didnt see everything i think that i need.

Also can you buy this all at once in a kit? and is there any cheaper alternative but not kill the quality?

Thanks!
JMOliver

JoshT

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
List sounds like you have a good idea what you need.

So far as I am aware no one makes a 1" drop spring for these trucks. The only 1 inch spring I am aware came stock on the Splash rangers but they haven't been made in a very long time. If you must have a 1" drop spring you best bet is probably to cut the coil. If you live with a 5" drop in front there are companies that offer a 2" drop spring, you will need camber eccentrics to bring it back into alignment though.

For the rear a flip kit on your stock 7.5" axle will give you about 4" drop. Adding a shackle flip will give you about another 1.5". You can add extended shackles to that and get up to another 2" without adding a drop block.

These days you pretty much have one option on drop beams, DJM. They do offer a drop kit that will get you a 3/4 drop, the part number is DJM3001-3/4, it includes the drop beams and flip kit for the rear. They list the price as $529 on their site but then link you to their store listing which is about a hundred less. You may be able to shop around and find the kit or individual components for less.

As for shocks you definitely need shorter shocks for the rear. The beams do not require drop shocks because the lower shock mount does not move relative to the frame. With the additional drop from the springs you may need a slightly shorter shock, but not much. For a 1" drop spring I'd just run a stock shock. Sorry but I can't recommend shocks, I'm only doing beams in front and am building my back end to accept stock length shocks.

Rose2300

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Toyota
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
the flip kit alone will place the axle within 2 inches of the chassis. for 5+ inch rear drops a mini notch is recommended to recover some of the rear travel you'll loose. mini notches just bolt right up to the frame.

RangerSVT

Oct 09 OTOTM
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
GT-40 5.0L EFI W/AC
Transmission
Automatic
You can grab a pair of ranger lift blocks found on every 4x4 ranger, f series, etc. After you flip the rear, use the lift blocks to lower the rear rather than flipping the shackles. The blocks are less work with the nearly the same results. Again, as stated, a notch is highly recommended with anything more than a flip...

SVT

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals