• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Wideband O2 wiring

Like to add a wideband and AFR gauge, but I'm unsure how to connect it to the factory ECU. Haven't been able to find anything explaining how to wire one in. '97 2.3, adding a turbo and just about ready to test.
  2. 2.3L ('83-'97) Clutch replacement

Not sure what I'm doing wrong here, '97 2.3. Not able to get the xmission in that last .5" roughly. Went back n took measurements, appears to be roughly 1.5" of input shaft spline exposed. Meanwhile, it's just over 2" from pressure plate fingers to backside (flywheel side) of clutch. Are you...
  3. 2.3L ('83-'97) Fuel line springlock issue

Hello, trying to piece my ol '97 2.3 back together, and can't get the dern fuel lines to reconnect. Kinda hard to get to, but I thought they'd simply snap back together n lock. Is there some trick to this?
  4. 2.3L ('83-'97) Just a ground?

I've had to relocate the coil packs to the firewall. Moved their primary connectors as well, but I think there were 2 of these cables connected to the factory coil platform. Are these just grounds, that can be connected anywhere? Thanks
  5. 2.3L ('83-'97) EGR delete

If deleting the EGR, can this also be removed? From what I can find, it appears to be an air pressure sensor for the EGR.
  6. 2.3L ('83-'97) Oil pressure sending unit

Finally had some time to get back to rebuilding the 2.3 today. Installed the oil sending unit a few weeks back where it is now. Could have sworn that's where it was before. I've got an old spare engine I'm pulling parts from, and it looks like the factory sender is in the currently empty hole...
  7. 97 turbo 2.3

Is the stock radiator & fan good enough to cool a Ranger 2.3, if a turbo is added? I was thinking at least an electric fan, but I'm not seeing a whole lotta options for those
  8. 2.3L ('83-'97) Cable identification help

I noticed this cable on the inner passenger fender the other day. Looked around n didn't see any disconnected plugs anywhere. Anyone have an idea of what this is for? This is on a '97 2.3l, the 2 cables appear to be blk and white w green stripe. I've been chasing a non working CC for several...
  9. 2.3L ('83-'97) Broken ABS sensor

Well great, been working on trying to get the ABS light to go out. Picked up replacement sensor for the rear diff. While removing the old 1, it broke. Most of the lower portion is still in there. Then I didn't reinstall the securing bolt, and found today that rear diff oil has been sloshing...
  10. 2.3L ('83-'97) Cruise control out

CC doesn't work on my '97. The light doesn't illuminate at all, even after replacing the buttons. Fuse is good, and the cable is still in place and looks OK. Servo isn't bound up. Picked up a replacement deactivation sensor, supposed to be for this model. It'll screw in, but the sensor...
  11. 2.3L ('83-'97) Manual xmission pedals

I recently picked up a '97 Ranger 5 speed. Should probably post a pic with this but it's dark right now. The throttle pedal is further from the other pedals than I've seen in other manuals, so it feels strange to drive. Has anyone else noticed this? I don't suppose the pedals are adjustable?
  12. Ranger convert

Hello, I've kept an old Nissan hardbody around basically as long as they've been around, for when I need a truck. Reworked an SVO over the last 3 yrs and during that time I've come to realize the 2.3l has a reputation of being just as reliable, so I ditched the hardbody and replaced it w a 97...
  13. LED dash lights, parasitic draw?

Recently replaced dash bulbs w LEDs, then over the next few days realized there's a parasitic draw. Found a guide that had me connect a multimeter between the negative cable & negative terminal, then pull fuses n watch for a big milliamp drop. Got 1 when pulling the instrument panel fuse, so...
  14. "New" '97 Ranger

Picked up a '97 recently to replace an old Nissan hardbody whose days are numbered. Pretty happy with it, the ole 2.3l appears to run fantastic, and besides the paint, truck's in good condition. Thinking about lowering at some point, but I have a hard time picturing things in my head. It's an...
  15. 2.3L ('83-'97) Fuel filler neck

Had to replace the filler neck. Briefly compared side by side and they looked the same, but I didn't measure anything. Just got it installed, and it's like the new neck is too long. That's a hard crease. Has anyone else run into this? 97 XLT
  16. '97 foglight wiring

I've got what's supposed to be a '97 XLT, although no pwr windows or door locks. I read that the XLT should have fog light wiring there, even if not used. Found a fog light fuse and relay in place, but what I can't seem to locate is the wiring. Does anyone have a pic of where it is in the...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad