• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. What would a ground fault in an alternator do?

Was told my alternator has a ground fault....i understand the jargon but what would the result be ? Thanks
  2. B

Another dumb question from me......just took battery out of my daily driver vehicle reading 13.04 volts.......in the morning, with battery still out of truck, it should still be at 13.04 correct? Or should it diminish some? I took the 13.04 reading two minutes after turning off truck after...
  3. Glove box bulb/parasitic drain question

When my glove box shuts it doesn't push the" bar"in the mechanism in far enough to turn off the bulb...ive adjusted it, still can get it to work right.......i know that this would obviously be a drain with that bulb on all the time, but if i take out the bulb, does that eliminate the...
  4. Do I need to drain coolant to replace ECT sensor ?

And do i use Teflon tape ? Thanks
  5. Make a final comment on your post if you fix something, don't disappear

If the last thing you do fixes your problem and then you disappear/ don't comment on it, it leaves everyone hanging whos invested in your post as to what happened but more importantly you're potentially withholding the most important info related to the fix from future viewers. ........if you...
  6. Solved: 01 ranger Intermittent high idle in park or while at stoplight-2 different rangers- 3.0 -may be a ranger pattern

My other 2000 ranger 3.0 i had it from 64k miles, to 525k miles.....this 01 ranger I got it with 220k miles, it now has 325k miles....i have some exp w rangers, though not a mechanic per se....both trucks 3.0......i had noticed on the old truck that sometimes if i moved, touched, or jostled that...
  7. How snug is PCV valve fit supposed to be ?

Mine isn't snug, airtight. Is it supposed to be ?....I can freely move it. It stays in the hole....
  8. Evaporator purge valve hose question

2001 ranger 3.0 v6 flex.......the hose that goes from the valve to the throttle body is getting weak and crustyish...i want to replace it.....can I get just that hose? And if so, theres some type of flat looking connector in the middle of the hose...so I guess its actually two small hoses joined...
  9. What type of power steering fluid for my 2001 3.0 automatic ?

I have a leak...went to add some.....i bought prestone and added maybe 2 ounces......its clear colored...says for all vehicles.....the stuff in my pump reservoir is pink, im assuming a tranny fluid, after reading up on it a little bit.........I will be redoing the Teflon ring at the connector...
  10. Can I put a 4r44e from a 99 ranger into a 2001 ranger that has a 5r44e, both 3.0 auto flex

I understand one is a four speed, the 4r44e, and the other a five.....will the wiring /ecu etc be affected or need modifying? Thanks for any replies
  11. Transmission line that goes thru radiator question 2001 ranger 3.0

I'm wondering if someone can tell me what the trans fluid line does , the direction/route it takes thru the radiator, between where it goes in, and where it comes out, of the radiator.......does it just go from the top straight down to the bottom without winding thru the radiator? Or does it...
  12. Should I be able to blow w my mouth thru the ports on a dpfe sensor ? I can't...Or Is it only open when powered ??

Suspect maybe a dpfe problem....took it off tried to blow through it , nothin.....should I be able to pass air through it by blowing thru it hard......i couldn't get anything through......maybe its only open if powered ?....2001 ranger....please noone call me a blowhard haha thanks in advance
  13. Bend tabs down on brake clips when installing new pads ?

2001 3.0 v6 ranger.....when putting on new pads how important is it to bend in the tiny tabs on the clips that the pads slide into ? Im not talking about anything on the pad im talking about the clips/guides that the pad sits in.......theres tabs at the top and bottom, like two on top two on...
  14. Need someone in Tampa area to finish left rear wheel brake cylinder $100

I got it in and have brake line reconnected, but in doing so a few springs came off and the entire mechanism doesn't want to seem to come together at the tip now ,where the springs go on.....i just don't have rear brake knowledge....im terrible with springs and countermoving type things.....all...
  15. How do I check epc pressure at the port ? 2001 ranger 3.0

ive been dropping the pan, adjusting the epc solenoid to eliminate the flare in my tranny. I've eliminated it but went too far with initial adjustment and have since been dialing it back. I've got it running pretty nice right now but I want to test at the epc port as I've come across info...
  16. How do I delete a thread of mine ?

I can edit or unwatch but never see an icon to delete a thread....how do I do it ?
  17. Here is a LOT of good ranger transmission info from the Automatic transmission rebuilders association, pdf

https://atracom.blob.core.windows.net/manuals/individual/2000/2000_web_ford.pdf
  18. Need advice for flushing transmission factory cooler lines that connect to radiator

Hello all. I have a 2001 ranger v6 3.0 flex fuel automatic. I want to flush the tranny cooler lines but have no experience doing it ...im handy enough just never done it...i have a few questions. ..first, I have 3 metal lines.......there is an external cooler also but I'm not concerned w that as...
  19. Why is there constant vacuum to heater control valve ?

2001 ranger 3.0 flex fuel...when truck is running theres constant vacuum to the heater valve......when I shut off the motor the valve doesn't release, the little lever on the valve stays engaged/sucked in, still under vac.....if I pull the vac line off the valve nipple the vacuum releases...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad