• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 100Timelord

ZERO refrigerant pressure, Hi/Lo

97 Ford Ranger XLT 3.0 V6 I have no cold A/C. The heat works, but on full cold it only blows ambient temperature. If a little warmer. I checked the low pressure switch, and there was continuity (not 100% sure I checked the correct plugs since there are four, but there was continuity between...
  2. 100Timelord

Exhaust Leak @ Flange After Y Pipe

1997 Ford Ranger V6 XLT I have an exhaust leak directly under the car somewhere in the front wheel area. I believe it is where the y pipe meets with the pipe to the cats/that flange. I can see a whole bunch of orange RTV on the flange like it has been repaired before, but it is rusted the same...
  3. 100Timelord

TIL My tires are original!

I used to think I only really had to look at tread depth. Boy was I wrong. So I was (serendipitously) driving to buy a set of 4 spare tires/rims for a great deal. It was the first highway drive I was going on, and as soon as I hit 70 for the first time, I knew something was off. The truck was...
  4. 100Timelord

Spongey/Air-y feeling at bottom of pedal

97 Ford Ranger (72k miles), RWD W/ Rear ABS only Alright, I just changed out the front rotors, pads, and bearings. Plus some odds and ends that had worn out. Small change, I know, but it's the first brake work (or major fix in general) I've ever done, so it's big fish for me, capeesh? Anyhow...
  5. 100Timelord

4R44E--Intermittent Slipping in 1st

I have a 97 Ford Ranger 3.0 automatic (2wd), Transmission designator 'T', so 95% sure it's a 4R44E transmission. Here's my issue: Every once in a while the transmission will seem to slip out of 1st gear (engine revs up as if in neutral, then transmission engages after a few seconds once I let...
  6. 100Timelord

P0155, P0135, P0141, P1131, and a crap idle.

I just bought a good condition 71k 97 Ford Ranger, but I can't even get it registered right now because it won't pass emissions in this state. The P0155 code is stored and all the rest are pending-I just switched out the 02 sensor for the P0155 code (because that's what the previous owner...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad