• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Missfires at 40 mph

Hi, I have a 1988 ranger with the 2.9 that runs great until i continually drive 40 +- 3-4 mph then it starts to missfire but if i speed up to lets say 50 or slow down to 30 mph the missfire just dissaperes, could something be wrong with the cruise control or something else?
  2. Cams in the 2.9?

I've been looking for new cams for the 2.9 to get some more hp out of it but i haven't really been able to find any for hydraulic lifters except stock ones. Would cams for mechanical lifters work or does there need to be certain holes for the oil to pass thru or does anyone know where you can...
  3. Engine stals when put in gear

I have a 1988 ranger automatic with the 2.9 and it idles perfekt on P and N but ones i put it in any gear it runs good for maybe 15 seconds or so then it starts boging down and when i press the gas a little it goes up again and then the cycle continues. It also wont run properly at different...
  4. Alternator problem

Hi so i was out driving arround two weeks ago and i blew one of the oil colant hoses and it coverd the whole engine bay and everything in there including the alternator so i fixed the hose and refilled the oil and drove it home. When i got close to home it wouldn't run right i needed to give it...
  5. Lifter problem

Hello, I have been swaping transmission in my ranger so it's been sitting for arround three months and now when i started it up allmost all the lifters make noice and one makes really load noice is there anyway to fix that?
  6. 1992 a4ld transmission

Hi i have a 1992 a4ld from a 4.0 l Ford Ranger and i was wondering if there is any way to turn the gear selector upside down.
  7. 4.0 transmission to 2.9 transmission?

So i have a 1988 2.9l Ranger with the a4ld but it has the wrong bellhousing and i found a used a4ld from a 4.0l Ranger from 1992 and so I want to use that transmission instead is it just a plug-in ir is there more cables or just the same gearbox?
  8. Need some help with a new starter

So i bought a new starter because the old wrong one wouldn't fit with my new headers because the solenoid was in the way. So i got the new one and everything looked like it would fit perfectly at first but ones i put the starter in, the hole in the bellhousing is too small and the bolt holes on...
  9. Problem with my tachometer

I have a Ford Ranger from 88 and the tachometer has stoped working properly. It follows the rpms like it should but the arrow keeps droping down untill it almost points straight down and i can't find the problem. Anyone who know what's causing it and how to fix it?
  10. Ford Ranger a4ld transmission swap with a Ford bronco possible?

So i bought a Ford Ranger from 1988 with an a4ld automatic transmission and My dad's got an old bronco from 89 with a 4 Speed automatic an i was wondering if it's possible to swap the transmissions without too much trouble?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad