• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. RegularGuy

Nokian Outpost AT tires

Historically, they've made some of the highest rated winter tires, although they've only recently seen adoption in the US. Having brought to market a number of 'all weather' tires which differ from all season in that they count legally as studless winter tires, I thought it'd be nice running a...
  2. RegularGuy

Nokian Outpost AT tires

Recently purchased some Outpost AT tires through my local Discount Tire, taking them up to Mt. Baker both today and the day prior. I found them to perform predictably on what little snow I could find (the ski area had some decent snowfall last week but they've cleared it off the roads now)...
  3. RegularGuy

Handling the POWER

Components currently price me out of this build being feasible for what I'm needing from it. That's the main reason for waiting to get together a list of specifics. At the very minimum however, the new cells should kill the used market price of the 18650 cells, which should have some effect on...
  4. RegularGuy

Handling the POWER

Whichever motor ends up being selected for the project, it should fit within the transmission tunnel of the vehicle. End torque figures preferably being the same as what the original engine puts out after gear reduction. That leaves me then, with space under the bed where the exhaust and fuel...
  5. RegularGuy

Handling the POWER

The goal isn't 300+ miles of range, the expectation is. Sizing the battery such that the truck has the same performance it does now, the truck should have 300+ miles of range. It's a calculated number based on the vehicles drag and rolling resistance. For the sake of simplicity while retaining...
  6. RegularGuy

Handling the POWER

The factory 4.0 sohc makes 207 hp, with a 1st gear ratio of 2.47:1 the electric motor will require a minimum of 511 hp (400kw as electric motors are rated in kw) in order to produce the same torque. It will be a full electric, a 300 mile range appears to be a conservative number for the build...
  7. RegularGuy

Handling the POWER

I've officially begun the switch to electric on my 2007 FX4 lvl2 ranger. Politics aside, it appears to be the correct choice for my use case, and after approximately 4 years, I should have made my money back in fuel. Starting out, I'm doing a number of modifications which won't mess with the...
  8. RegularGuy

Maverick is weird

Air horns are relatively inexpensive, it's worked well for me... They usually move over or pick up the pace once they've soiled themselves
  9. RegularGuy

Maverick is weird

My only real complaint about the maverick is the lack of cab options (by extension, the bed length), and the trailer weight rating. There are a couple different variables that go into trailer ratings, but in the case of the maverick I'd assume it's the ability to hold on a hill while parked. At...
  10. RegularGuy

Maverick is weird

I'd be interested in the maverick but with a number of modifications: Locking center differential Low range Suspension lift (I'd just lower the body-side connections) Most important of all however, as its something I can't do myself, an extended cab option with a 6ft bed. So long as the ride...
  11. RegularGuy

Maverick is weird

Saw a maverick for the first time today. While it's similar to my 2007 4x4 in size, it's muuuuuuch shorter. The one I saw appears to be a base trim awd. About the same overall length and width but with the stock ground clearance, it's nowhere near the ranger replacement I've been hearing about...
  12. RegularGuy

Rear sway bar, good or bad idea

Looking for some opinions here, my 2007 fx4 lvl 2 doesn't currently have a rear sway bar. Should I add one? My only concern is how rear traction will be affected while cornering on wet pavement. As is, I break traction pretty easy. It's my understanding that a rear bar would make this worse. For...
  13. RegularGuy

Coolant leak; thermostat housing suspected

I thought as much.... I got the private label off rockauto. Best as I can tell, the wrong part was in the box. I'll see about getting it swapped out
  14. RegularGuy

First half of the parts arrived today, but the thermostat is kinda funky looking... Know if this is correct for the 2007 4.0L? The thermostat doesn't match the pictures online for the part number. Not really wanting to tear into the engine without all the parts present in order to find out
  15. RegularGuy

I have a bit of an update, earlier today I found moisture on the housing, as well as small amount of pooling atop the power steering pump bracket. Having shoved my phone under the throttle body, I was able to get this image... Notice the moisture along the plastic welded seam, and on the...
  16. RegularGuy

Found my reservoir and rad nearly dry tonight while replacing my front shocks. Theres coolant running down the front of the head on the passenger side burning off on the passenger side manifold and liquid pooled in the valley (don't know if that bit is coolant or just water). The three options...
  17. RegularGuy

Community interest: Slide-in camper

The way I'm looking to go about it, a very basic metal frame would be constructed, to support the floor of the loft, and the span of the roof. The walls would be constructed of either an aluminum/foam insulation laminate, or a fiberglass/ foam insulation laminate. Something similar was done...
  18. RegularGuy

I actually do have a small number of questions that'll come up in the design process, how these lightweights are attached to the truck, tank capacities, loft weight capacity and wet weight. Additionally, if it's known, the weight distribution forward/rear
  19. RegularGuy

Pretty much, I'm thinking I might make a pop-up version as well. The issue I've run into is that I can either buy new or nothing at all. The used market in my area is pretty scarce
  20. RegularGuy

I've been looking at putting together a design for a slide-in camper that'll utilize the entirety of the space in my 2007 ranger. Wondering if I'm the only one here interested in building such a thing.... It'd be nice if you guys would answer the attached poll I'd be attempting to keep it...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad