• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. vonD1025

2.9 swap to 4.0 clutch

Ok so everything is done but I can’t find a 4.0 starter block. Anyone know where to get one? Will that fix the alignment of the starter so it works? The mechanic burnt through two starters already because the it won’t line up properly.
  2. vonD1025

2.9 clutch conversion to 4.0

https://www.therangerstation.com/tech/ford-2-9-converted-to-4-0-clutch/
  3. vonD1025

What’s the difference between 3.73 and 4.10

I’ve been trying to find a Dana 35 ttb with 4.10 gears and I’m only finding the 3.73. Does it really matter or make a huge difference?
  4. vonD1025

Rear Axles shifting 1/2” each way

So I’ve been getting a weird hollow knocking off road in my rear driver side axle. Took the tire off and checked everything to be sure it was tight. After I jacked up the whole truck and if you push on the tire it’s shifts both sides about 1/2” each way. Anyone ever have this issue that can...
  5. vonD1025

Upland birds and small game, Reno area

Anyone down for some bird hunting and big game scouting in Northern Nevada area? I’m in Carson Shitty but down to link up for off-roading and hunting.
  6. vonD1025

Upgraded axel shafts for 87 bronco ii?

Anyone know where to get a good set of upgrades for axel shafts? 7.5 rear end with 4.10 gearing?
  7. vonD1025

Driveline issues and ring and pinion kit?

So I’m injured and can only do so much, so I had an inspection done at a driveline shop. I’m pretty sure these guys were stoned because it was 4/20. I’m almost sure they left it in neutral and tried to tell me there was to much play in in my rear driveline, moving it side to side and sliding it...
  8. vonD1025

Carson City/Reno area?

Looking for some off road friends in the Carson City, Nevada area. Fixin up my 87 b2 and I could use some local buddies to go out with in case and test her out!
  9. vonD1025

Found! 87’ bronco ii gas tank skid plate

Looking for a skid plate for my gas tank on the B2. I’m in the northern Nevada area if anyone is near by that would be awesome!
  10. vonD1025

Knocking noise in rear end on bumpy roads

I’m getting a really weird knocking noise from my 87’ Bronco ii. Everything looks good to me and I just replaced all the shocks. Could it be this spacing on this bracket attached to the leaf springs?
  11. vonD1025

Sputtered, died, and won’t start again...

Oh man.. Back at it again... So I fueled up and took her up a dirt road to check something on my suspension. On the way back to drop it off at a shop it started to kind of sputtered and drop a few hundred rpms and then fixed itself. I pulled into the parking lot to park and it died twice...
  12. vonD1025

Steering is loose and vehicle jerks side to side..

My Bronco ii is sketching me out trying to drive over 55mph. My steering wheel feels a bit loose but the thing that really concerned me is the wheels seems to jerk from left to right or vice versa. Almost like an over correction or something. Is there something that could have come loose...
  13. vonD1025

Lost cruise control after motor/transmission swap

So after switching the engine out to a rebuilt 2.9 and dropping a manual transmission in it I can’t get my cruise control to work. Any thoughts? I’m still using the automatic wiring harness and have a few unconnected plugs here and there.
  14. vonD1025

Rear wiper not getting fluid

Anyone know how to fix the rear sprayer? Wiper works but no fluid. Also does anyone know how to adjust the front sprayer? It sprays high on the driver and low on the passenger.
  15. vonD1025

Northern Nevada area?

What’s up everyone, curious if anyone is in Reno/Carson area down for some 4 wheelin and hunting/fishing. I’ve got my 87’ Bronco ii ready to rock and need some backup just in case this old beast breaks down. Also wouldn’t mind having someone around in the middle of nowhere cuz I have a back...
  16. vonD1025

Swapping out the Dana 28’s

So I’m injured and don’t really feel like hittting pick n pull with a bad back. Does anyone know where to get a good set upgrades without killing my wallet? Not sure if I want to go to the Dana 35 or 44. Still torn between upgrading to 33” tires or 35” but from everything I’ve been reading it...
  17. vonD1025

Replaced all I could think of but not starting(fuel?)

So my beautiful Frankenstein monster is a 1987 Eddie Bauer Edition Bronco II. Swapped out with an 88” engine, and new manual transmission as well(was auto). Soon to be more... I’ve been working on the fuel system recently after I had no pressure in fuel lines. I replaced the sending unit/low...
  18. vonD1025

Wiring the high pressure fuel pump

Does anyone know if this is wired right?
  19. vonD1025

Bogging down at 3k rpm

Hello, So I’ve got a 1987 Eddie Bauer Bronco ii with a 88” 2.9l engine and swapped a manual transmission into it with the 4:10 gear ratio on there. I’m having issues bogging down a little bit every time I hit 3,000 rpm. I’ve been hesitant to take it on the highway since last time I lost all...
  20. vonD1025

87 Bronco II no turn signals or brake lights

I have an 87 Bronco II that the hazards/turn signals and the break lights won’t work on. I went through and checked all the fuses even replaced them and nothing. The headlights, running lights, and reverse light all work. When using the hazards/turn signals there is no dash turn signal either...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad