• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by jlkuehl

1. 2.3L ('02-'11) PCV Oil/air separator plate?

Thanks! I'll have to talk to my Ford stealership again, they could get the gasket, pcv valve and retainer, but told me the plate was NLA (of course they also messed up on the airbag recall...helps to actually plug it all the way in) I changed the PCV valve at around 100k miles, and noticed the...
  2. 2.3L ('02-'11) PCV Oil/air separator plate?

My DD, a 2006 Ranger 2.3 duratec with M5OD trans, has developed a crack in the PCV plate (air/oil separator?). Looking through various sources, the part seems to be NLA, but there are several companies that make an aluminum replacement. Pretty much everywhere I look, the aluminum ones state...
  3. Steering wheel upgrade?

I have a 2006 Ranger that I installed cruise control (using the Ford dealer install kit), so I have switches on my steering wheel. They are actual individual switches, with a nice feel and look. A few days ago, I bought a 1999 Ranger, and like 99% of them, the stock rubber covers on the cruise...
  4. A/C purple wire mod with a twist

I know the ”purple wire mod ” has been discussed, hashed over, complained about, and showed off until everyone is sick of it, but I have to add my version of it in. I simply can't do anything as easy as putting splicing in a switch and calling it good. First off, during the winter my gas...
  5. Oil pressure gauge install

Installing an oil pressure gauge is a pretty straight-forward thing, but where to install is the hard part. Since my 92 isn't 4 wheel drive, I removed the panel next to the center dash vent, and installed it there. I'm pretty satisfied with it, and I have room to put a switch to control whatever...
  6. Odd rattle at cruising speeds

First off, my lil red warwagon is a 92 regular cab, 2.3L 5 speed 2wd with about 177000 miles on it. Now that it's nice and cold out, and I can't work on it, it has decided to contract an odd rattling sound at cruising speeds (65 -70 mph). If I decelerate or accelerate, the sound goes away until...
  7. Gauge cluster ground???

The gas gauge in my 92 Ranger never has showed anything at all, the needle never has moved. First thing I checked was the sender, pulled the bed off, and removed it, on the bench, the resistance changes smoothly from empty to full and back. So, I figure the sender is good, and inspect the wiring...
  8. Replacement clutch on 92 2.3

Has anybody used this clutch (or similar)? It's getting close to time for a new clutch, and I found this kit on e-bay that kinda piqued my curiosity. I do overload the truck from time to time, but rarely pull a trailer, so I'm not really sure it would be worth the extra money...
  9. Questions about a mechanical cooling fan

Well, here we go again, the 1992 has another little glitch that I can't live with. While taking a plug reading, I noticed the plastic mechanical drive fan blades are cracking at both the hub and through one or two blades. These look to be the original blades to the truck, and I find that to be...
  10. Another satisfied Ranger owner in Decatur, IL

Ok, I gotta say, I bought a 1992 Ford Ranger 2.3L 5 speed off a local junkyard lot for a little of nothing, and have crammed my own 10K on it in a little under 5 months. I needed a truck for some general hauling, and my other truck is still in pieces while it gets a very slow going frame off...
  11. That pesky door latch cable on 92 rangers!!

I've been searching high and low for someone to say "this is how you can cheaply fix the door latch cable on 1992 Rangers", but have so far only heard some great advice on how to do away with it. I couldn't locate a 1989-91 Ranger to pull the door latch and related parts from, couldn't afford...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad