• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

2.3L ('02-'11) PCV Oil/air separator plate?

jlkuehl

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3 L4
Transmission
Manual
My DD, a 2006 Ranger 2.3 duratec with M5OD trans, has developed a crack in the PCV plate (air/oil separator?). Looking through various sources, the part seems to be NLA, but there are several companies that make an aluminum replacement. Pretty much everywhere I look, the aluminum ones state "does not fit Ranger". I've thought of buying a used one, but I've had so many issues with used parts in the parts, especially when it comes to plastic parts that are subject to engine heat. Does anyone know if the Radium Engineering (or similar) can be used on the Ranger? The bolt pattern looks to be the same, the only difference I can see is the PCV port points out instead of up. I know I could epoxy or JB Weld my existing plate, but my preference is to replace it, rather than just put a band-aid over it.Radium-PCV-Baffle-Plate-Ford-EcoBoost-Duratec-Mazda-MZR_600x400.jpg4L5Z6A785AA.png

pjtoledo

Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Fords
Engine Size
3.0 2.3
ford parts shows 2003 thru 2010 for that part -6A785
MSRP of $42, includes the PCV & collar,.
my 2005 had the original when I pulled it this spring at 367,500+ miles

the pic in your post looks exactly like mine. the "out" is the pcv valve that is inserted into the "up" port on the separator .

jlkuehl

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3 L4
Transmission
Manual
Thanks! I'll have to talk to my Ford stealership again, they could get the gasket, pcv valve and retainer, but told me the plate was NLA (of course they also messed up on the airbag recall...helps to actually plug it all the way in) I changed the PCV valve at around 100k miles, and noticed the plate leaking when I replaced the starter at just under 200k. It looks like there's a crack in it now, as the leak is coming from a little bit forward of the PCV port, and starts a bit over half way down the plate. My guess is one of the metal inserts in the holes must have slipped out and I didn't notice it, eventually causing the plate to crack. It's not a really bad leak, but better to get it taken care of now instead of letting it go.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals