• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Atx's 94" xcab build

ATX

11/2014 MTOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Built not bought
Well just wanted to start a thread on my build . Short story I got into a accident less then a month ago and the person totaled my 130k ranger. Got back $3000 after buying it back for $450 . That's when I decided to build my sons a future high school ride . Got the body body back in order and went with the djm 3/4 to start . As it sets now , it's a 4/6 .

Well on to the pics
View attachment 12279
View attachment 12280
View attachment 12281
View attachment 12282
View attachment 12283
View attachment 12284
View attachment 12285

Last edited:

ATX

11/2014 MTOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Built not bought
Buying some bullitt 17x8's tomorrow morning for $100 one is bent but got someone in mind for that . Here's the specs and a pic of the four . I'll need spacers right ?
View attachment 12326
View attachment 12327

ATX

11/2014 MTOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Built not bought
Reinstalled the tailgate and and installed a new lp light

ATX

11/2014 MTOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Built not bought
Well in need of a lil update . I've been dd my lil ranger for a good minute now and can say I really need to notch the rear . Looking for a good bolt in notch if anyone has any info and insight .

Ordering new tires this week for inspection . So I going to finally swap out the 235/75/16 in back to a 225/60/16 . Fronts are 215/55/16's and goin to roll the 225/60's in front also . Need to replace a hid bulb since the high beam went out . Going to order 4300k's this time around and replace both . And price out some fogs to fit in the lower valance .

Speaking of valance . I've been wantin to add a air dam / chin spoiler to get a lil lower look to the front . Had the old stock lower air dam from the splash bumper laying around . So cut off about a 1 1/2 off each side and drill holes in the 4x4 foglight valance to match up with 5 of the stock mouthing holes . Rounded out the cut edges on the sides to look more oe an not hacked . The hex head bolts are temp . I have black flat head Allen bolts to replace them when I get home today . I think it looks a lil more lower and tough atleast .
Big boys out back and before air dam

And with air dam

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ATX

11/2014 MTOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Built not bought
New tires mounted and a lil wash .

Driving with my knee using Tapatalk

XLTsplash

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
I like what you did with the valance, the head lights and grille are also a nice upgrades.

ATX

11/2014 MTOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Built not bought
Lil update guys . The tired 4.0 is finally showing its age . It's had a bad head gasket I believe now for sometime ,so with that Im waiting for this guy to get back into town and I'll be picking up a 96 Ford Explorer with a 5.0 for 1100. The guy has put some money trying to get it to pass state inspection . New tires ,o2's ,etc but ran out of money . So I'll be busy with that here soon enough . Started building a wood flat bed also this weekend . Had to do the fuel pump so since the bed was off I got to thinking . I haul my boys gokart and my baja mini bike , transmissions ,etc . Always see lifted rangers with flatbeds or baja style beds , but never a lowered . Plan on c notching here soon and the bed will give room underneath for it . More pics to come

And one of the toys I haul for the kids and me

rangerplus

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Nice truck! Nice stance! Please don't flatbed it, it looks so much better with the factory bed on it!

ATX

11/2014 MTOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Built not bought
Thanks brotha , it's taking a lot of thought about doing the bed or not . But I really see this image in my head how it should look . Just a old rowdy v8 flatbed ranger with some old shop logo on the doors all faded like .

Well guys I did it now !!! Done bought a 96 explorer Eb 5.0 awd . No leaks of any kind . New tires ,alt , radiator ,o2's and a few other items . Tan leather interior .3.73's .got it $1050 and drove it home 28 miles with out a problem [emoji108][emoji106]?

It's dark out right and just got home with it . I'll be taking a lot of pics through out the build .

ATX

11/2014 MTOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Built not bought
Well pretty much the whole front end of the explorer is torn down . And engine ready to be pulled . I've kept every sensor pigtail on the ac,cc,etc and cut the ecu harness that feeds the dash down by the 4 connectors . So I hope I did right by that . Tonight going to pull the trans & transfer and hopefully get the motor out tomorrow afternoon .

Still need to go to the salvage yard and get a oil pan and driver side rear explorer shock mount so I don't have to weld new mounts on the rear end .I got a police crown Vic driveshaft laying up here at the shop that may work if shortened ? Going to check on that . I'm hoping to get it running before me and the wife's 11yr anniversary on the 24th of sept as a gift to my self lol .

ATX

11/2014 MTOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Built not bought
Was back at it today and dropped the trans finally and got the motor out . After getting mad I took the saw all and cut the radiator support . Came out like nothing after that [emoji106]?

My 08 tbss 6.0 ls2 cam'd fully built trans and a stall next to the donor .

ATX

11/2014 MTOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Built not bought
I'm always using the tapatalk app for the forum since I can upload pic's easier on my iPhone 6 . Well I used the web version today in a long time and realized I was mtotm November 2014 . Lol never knew but pretty cool I feel being a hard core automotive junky ( also into rotaries and own a 87 rx7 turbo ) and will take and cred I can get .
Here's a pic of the rx7 with its new fully ported motor and holset hx52 turbo

As for progress today , swapping seats right. Now [emoji106]?

ATX

11/2014 MTOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Built not bought
Well got the motor up here to the shop . Looked pretty funny on the back . Need to knock out a front crank seal,Rear main,oil pan . Hopefully I'll get the parts by the end of the week to convert the trans to 2wd .
Going to start pulling the rear end out of the explorer tonight . Need to grab a driver side rear axle shock mount from the jy so I don't have to weld anything on the explorer rear end . Don't know why people don't use that method more often ?

Also got the seats in last night and started modding the center console to fit

And installed the explorer front bug deflector

ATX

11/2014 MTOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Built not bought
Just a quick one with better light

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals