• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Axle Vent

Has anyone used either jegs or curries axle vents? Just currious to know your opinions. Thanks. Jegs Currie
  2. explorer 8.8 dust shield/backing plate

Does anyone know where I can buy a new backing plate/dust shield for a 97 explorer 8.8? Im having a hard time finding them online. This isn't a dealer item is it?
  3. NH/MA junk yards

Fella's, I'm looking to get a 8.8, Jacks in Billerica, Ma has a 3.55 for $150, and a 3.73 for $100, but Car World in Candia NH has a 3.55 for $150, and a 3.73 for 250 (too much for me). I've been to car world and like them, but have never been to Jacks. Anyone used them before? What was your...
  4. NH laws

Anyone here from NH and/or familar with the laws regaurding suspension? I've seen some info regarding laws against altered frame (step notch), but is there away around this? For exampe is there a way to register the truck as a custom, or hot rod? I found this : PART Saf-C 3202 DEFINITIONS...
  5. part name needed

Can someone tell me what the offical name is for the part that connects the throttle body to the upper intake manifold. The motor is out of a 97 Merc mountaineer. Thanks. I can post pics if needed.
  6. broken dipstick tube

Hey fella's, On my 302 the dipstick tube has rusted and broken. My question is, how do you remove it from the block to replace it with a new one? The motor is out of a 97 mountianeer if it matters. Thanks in advance!
  7. I hate fridays...

...because I have to be up for 36hrs before I can sleeeeep. Nothing like working 3rd, then going home to watch a toddler when your wife is a RN and works 7a-7p fri-sun...makes for a long day, and some pretty interesting ideas.... any other thirdies out there?
  8. Frame restoration question

if/when I blast my frame, do I need to remove all the brake lines and such? Couldnt I just becareul around those area's and use a lower pressure?
  9. Drive shaft question

I am converting a 97 2wd ranger from a 2.3 manual 7.5in to a 5.0 T-5 manual 8.8in 3.73. My question is would it be better to have a custom made drive shaft or to have an explorer shaft shortened?
  10. frame restoration

Hey Fella's, First time posting, but have been browsing the threads for a while now. I have finally started a V8 conversion on my 97 ranger 2wd (which will be my street "toy"), I have the cab and bed removed. I live in the Northeast so the frame has some rust, but to my surprise not as bad as I...
  11. Turning raidus

I notice there are a couple stops on the I beams. I also know I will lose a bit of my turning radius, but what I have now doesnt seem right? I can barelt turn off one street onto another, its such a wide swing. Is the due to alignment issues? And no it has not been aligned yet...
  12. Sway bar

What do I do with the sway bar. It seems it doesnt fit. Do I need to make a new braket for the sway bar or move it? I have a 3/4 djm drop. Help!! Thanks fella's

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad