• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Electrical connector fasteners warn

No you can't, they are specific to ford connectors
  2. Electrical connector fasteners warn

I am refering to the nylon finned push pin that holds the connector to the frame or body of the truck.
  3. Electrical connector fasteners warn

Some of the push white nylon electrical connector retainers or pins are worn and no longer lock into holes. I am thinking about using construction adhesive to hold them in place, any other ideas!
  4. Ford 1987 to 1993 computer needed

Thank you! Going into Ford stuff is worse than tangling with a pit full of vipers
  5. Ford 1987 to 1993 computer needed

I screwed up and need a mass air auto trans computer. I am thinking about locating a VIN number for a Ford mustang V8 of the proper year so I can order one from one of the companiess that sells them. I fried mine by using a speed trany O2 sensor cable with a automatic computer. Would this...
  6. 5.0 EFI Swap 1992 Ranger - Wiring Harness Help

I fried my computer because I used a standard T5 transmission O2 sensor harness with an automatic computer in the 87-93 Ford Mass Air. One of the hard lessons I learned. You need to match computer and O2 sensor harness. Ron Francis sells the proper harness. You Tube has videos about the O2...
  7. old member old guy with an eternal truck project

Swapped a 1986 ford 302 into a 1997 Ford Ranger. more difficulty than imagined. I used to post here etc regularly but other projects (home, houuse and yard etc. going to finish my Ranger project this year. I fried my computer because I used a 5 speed tranny O2 sensor cable with an automatic...
  8. over heating

Well I got my engine in and it runs really well except it is over heating. I need to seal the space between the radiator and the radiator support bracket. I am going to put the sidewinder in by the fan man. have very little room between the engine and the Duffy four core radiator. I am...
  9. mechanical Temp guage

I have had trouble with my factory guages. Wrong sender with gauge cluster, bad ground,etc. I have decided to put in a mechanical oil pressure and water temp guage. I am going to Tee the mechanical oil pressure guage off the oil pressure port so I can then hook the regular idiot light from...
  10. Fuel pump won't shut off

Well I finally got the Egine back in and hooked up and it runs GREEEEAT:yahoo:. I now have oil pressure! The problem I now have is that the fuel pump won't shut off when I turn the key off and remove it from the Ignition. I need to disconect the battery, the green conector or the fuel pump...
  11. Distributor won't seat

I posted on my old thread that my new MSD distributor wouldn't seat, but the old distributor (minus gear) seemed to seat OK. The MSD sat about 0.124 inches to high. Well I got it fixed and wanted to share a little of my joy. Heres how I did it. I took a dowl about the same size as the...
  12. Pulling motor next week

Well got the garage cleaned up and Sherry is happy so next week I pull my engine and find out the news. If you missed my other post I ran the engine for the first time but lost oil pressure. Not sure the cause. I was wondering if I can just pull the engine? Every time I put the engine in I...
  13. OH NO HO NO oil pressure

Well I ran the Engine for the intial 20 min break in period on Sunday. I could not get the oil pressure unit to work. I Started it a couple of more times to check the solenoid (I got it to work). Tonight went out to change oil after intial break in. The oil filter was dry.:shok: The oil was...
  14. It Runs!

Started my V8 ranger today!:yahoo: Ran great with no fluid leaks or over heating! :icon_cheers:. Do need to figure out why the solenoid doesn't work and my expensive LED loker gear indicator isn't working:icon_confused:. But I have passed a miles stone in my 3 year project. Get AC put in ...
  15. attempted 1st start

Got the water pump back in and all the hoses hooked up and tried to start it. The ignition wouldn't work so I jumped across the solenoid and the started turned the engine over, got gas pressure 40 lbs, and spark to at least # 5 cylinder. The engine "coughs" so I think my timing may be off...
  16. water pump head ache at excedrin level

I was going to start my ranger last week end and as I filled the radiator with fluid I got a major leak between the time chain cover and the water pump. I have an engine out of a crown vic 1986. When I bought the engine it had a cracked timing chain cover. In my travals I ran across a new...
  17. First time starting Engine

Will next week end I plan on firing up my project for the first time!:yahoo:! I have read several articles on line about how to do it (other than turning the key). Do folks here recommend pre priming the oil lines and system by removing the dizzy and hooking up a drill to the oil pump (one...
  18. Evap cannister vacumm line

Well I finnally got the electircal system tamed and am now working on setting up the vacumm system and throttle body! I am making progress and I may be slow but boy I am slow! The question I have is every diagram I see has the evap cannnister line going to the vacumm on the throttle body. I...
  19. heater control valve

Well I finally got the wiring done, I will have fuel lines in soon:yahoo:! I got some damn expensive heater hoses,(fexable metal) because I had some tight turns to make. Started thinking about vacuum lines and realized that little white vacuum line from the heater box ran to a control valve I...
  20. left over wires (C124 connector)

I have about 20 extra or left over wires coming off the C124 connector. What has been the solution to this? I am thinking about cuting them and puting a little heat shrink over each wire and plug the hole with some none conduting goup like liquid insulation. Any other thoughts? Thanks!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad