• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 90 ranger - father and son project.

I picked up this 90 ranger for $300. It's a little 2.3 with the auto. The engine runs great, but the transmission is junk. The plan is to toss in a used tranny and drive it while we collect parts for our 5.0 swap. Here's our plan for the drivetrain: Stock explorer long block (3 bar heads)...
  2. 90 ranger - father and son project.

I picked up this 90 ranger for $300. It's a little 2.3 with the infamous auto. The engine runs great, but the transmission is junk. The plan is to toss in a used tranny and drive it while we collect parts for our 5.0 swap. Here's our plan for the drivetrain: Stock explorer long block (3 bar...
  3. 90 mustang transmission in 90 ranger?

I just bought a 90 ranger with the 2.3 and auto. I bought the truck for a father and son project with the intention of doing a 5.0 swap later down the road. However, I'd like to toss a used tranny in it and drive it while I collect parts and get the body and interior work done. My buddy has a...
  4. ranger turn signal buzz

I have a 96 ranger and when I use the left turn signal indicator it makes a buzz from the turn signal relay and the lights do NOT work. I read that it was probably a MFS, so I changed that out with another used one and it does the same exact thing. Grant it, I should of bought a new one, but I...
  5. Project 96

I just picked up this shady little character last weekend for $500 bucks. The truck runs and drives great (and has ice cold a/c), but it needs some cosmetic work. It's a 96 and has the 2.3 backed by a 5 speed. As you can see, she needs some TLC... Here's what I have planned for it...
  6. Junk Yard Mods

I did a quick search and didn't find anything related, so I figured I start a new thread about what junk yard mods work. I'll try and update my original post here with all the new information you guys post. Let's get us a good list going! Exterior: 89-92 ranger owners can swap over 91-94...
  7. Snow + ranger + sled = fun.

My family owns 230+ acres of fun. Today I was out there with my uncle when we decided it would be a good idea for him to pull me around on the sled. It was all fun and games until I saw his ranger break through a frozen puddle, it was each ditch the sled and try to slid to a stop before the...
  8. Some of my old cars (mustangs, s10's, blazers, etc)

'89 foxbody coupe. Had gt40 heads, gt40 intake (lower was ported by tmoss), 65mm explorer tb that was modded for fox all ready to go on, but never did it. The car was lowered and had some flowmaster on it, other wise stock. I was looking for heads, h-pipe, and 3:73's for it... but got bored in...
  9. 95 Ranger - Work Truck Build.

Bought this bad boy for $400 bucks. It's nothing special, but it runs and drives good. Since this is just my daily beater/work truck, it's never going to be super nice, but with a few mods it should fit my needs pretty well... Here's what I have planned. F-150 Coil Spring Spacers up front...
  10. '95 ranger 2wd (quick build.)

I recently bought my little '95 ranger for $400 bucks. It's a 2.3, 5 speed, 2wd, long bed. The truck previously belong to my uncle, he no longer drove it so that's how I ended up with it. The truck runs and drives good, but is absolutely helpless when traction is limited. Since this is my work...
  11. My little trailer project.

My uncle had a pop up trailer sitting beside his shop. We got to talking and he said that mice ate some holes in the canvas, and that he was thinking about selling it. We ended up working at a deal, I did a few hours weed eating, he gave me the camper (with a clear title.) The original plan was...
  12. Modded My Niece's Barbi Bike!

We pulled the barbi decals off and hit it with a scotch pad to dull the pink up a bit (hot rod flat pink lol), and then put on one of my forums decals. She thought it was cool!
  13. Passenger side wheels/tires stick out more than drivers side?

I noticed this today, the driver side wheels/tires on both the front and back seem to sit in more than on the passenger side??? Anybody else notice this? It's a 93 ranger, regular cab, 2wd, 2.3, 5 speed... The truck drives perfectly straight and goes down the interstate at 75 mph just as...
  14. 95 explorer (takes a 5-10 seconds to go into drive)?

95 explorer, 4.0, 2wd, o/d automatic. You can back out of the driveway (with the engine hot or cold, doesnt matter), drop it into drive, and theres a 30% chance that it will take 5-6 seconds before it engages into drive, but it also goes into gear. Once it's in drive it will shift fine and...
  15. 93 2.3 5 speed, what transmission interchange?

It's 93 ranger, 2.3, 5 speed. I know its the mazda M5OD-R1, but what years are direct swaps? I think its 1988 to 1997. I think the 1998 and up will work, but have to swap parts around???? Going to the junk yard later today to try and find one, so any info will be helpful.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad