• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. gm HEI distributor?

I was looking inot getting a hei distributor for my jeep and i started wondering if anyone has ever tried to put one in a ranger. has anyone tried this? if it would work it would be so much easier than a dura spark conversion. for those that dont know a hei distributor is an all in one...
  2. Intermittent engine failure

First of all this problem is occurring on a 1995 ford ranger 4x4 with a 4.0 v6. Well I'll be driving along everything is working fine then out of no where the truck dies. Then it won't restart for 2 or 3 minutes but then it starts back up like nothings wrong. I figure its gotta be either fuel or...
  3. no fuseable link

I took my 85 ranger with the 2.8 to the shop for smog related repairs and they told me all of the solenoids were stuck closed. I tested them myself and they are fine. they also said there is no power to the computer but i dont know how to test that. im hoping someone here will know.
  4. Vacuum advance distributor?

Can I get a vacuum advance distributor that will work for my 85 ranger with the 2.8?
  5. What is in my diffs???

These are in my jeep and I'm pretty sure they are both limited slips but I am not positive which ones they are. I'm hope in someone here will know. The main reason I really need to know is so I know whether or not I need friction modifier in them. Thanks in advance!
  6. 85 ranger lift on 92 explorer?

I am wondering if the lift on my 85 ranger will fit on my 92 explorer because my ranger won't pass smog. Thanks in advance.
  7. engines codes.

I saw a YouTube video that supposedly told how to check codes on 84 to 94 fords or something like that and I am wondering what their specifics of that are for an 85 ranger with a 2.8
  8. best tranny for an 85 ranger 4x4 with a 2.8

The fm145 in my ranger is making noise and I want to know if I should put a rebuilt fm145 in it or seek other options. Anyone have suggestions?
  9. fm145 going out

I recently bought an 85 ranger 4x4 with a 2.8 v6 and the fm145 tranny. When i Bought it the clutch was out so we went through all the trouble to replace the clutch but now it makes a LOT of noise in neutral plus i didn't know that i should've replaced the rear main seal when i did the clutch...
  10. 85 ranger temp gauge not working

My temp gauge in my 85 ranger just sits on cold and wont move. My fuel gauge works and my oil pressure gauge works so i know theres power to the cluster. how can i specifically test the gauge? Also i looked in my chiltons manual about how to test the sender but it was confusing to me so could...
  11. 85 2.8 compression.

I recently did a compression test on my engine prior to replacing valve stem seals and my readings were all around 120psi. Is this normal for the 2.8?
  12. how do I check my valve guides??

I am in the middle of changing the valve stem seals on my 85 ranger 2.8 and I got to thinking. This truck is really old how can I check the valve guides too? So does anyone know how I can check my valve guides without pulling the heads?? Any help is greatly appreciated
  13. vacuum lines and smog

I recently bought an 85 ranger 4x4 with the 2.8 in it and i noticed after i bought it that a few of the vacuum lines had been cut off. some come off the carb but some go to the electronics mounted near the starter solenoid. Mostly i just want this thing to pass smog. I live in CA but the county...
  14. Starter grinding

I recently bought an 85 ford ranger 4x4 with the 2.8 v6 and the clutch was out when I bought it so we replaced the clutch and the flywheel and all of the related parts. The truck started and ran great before i did this. Now when I try and start it, it will start but it makes a horrible grinding...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad