• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Red Ranger

Deer vs Ranger

Last Monday night I hit a deer with my 2000 Ranger. Since I was only carrying liability insurance all repair are up to me. I've got an estimate for $3100 - $3400 depending if I blend the paint. According to KBB truck is only worth about the same amount. This is what is needed as far as I can...
  2. Red Ranger

2000 5 Speed fluid change

My Ranger is a 2WD, 5 speed manual just turned 145,000. Since I bought this truck used, I don't really know if the trans fluid has ever been changed. My manual states to use 3.8 quarts Mercon ATF. Should I use regular Mercon or a synthetic? If I switch to a synthetic, can I expect to start...
  3. Red Ranger

Oshkosh trip

Son and I are headed to Oshkosh the last week of July. Can anyone tell me what good restaurants are in that area? Anything else to see up there besides the airshow? Thanks,
  4. Red Ranger

PCV valve

Since I'm doing some work on the Ranger, I decided to change the PCV valve. Truck has 139,000 and I don't know if it's ever been changed. The picture on my cd doesn't show a good picture of it's location. Can some one tell me where it's at? Truck is a '00 with the 2.5L and 5 speed manual...
  5. Red Ranger

Cel

Went to work last night and the CEL came on. Stopped by Advance Auto Parts this morning to see what code was sent. The guy told me it's a vacuum leak. Didn't give me a number, and I was to tired to ask. Came home, took the gas cap off, and reinstalled it. Disconnected the battery and hooked it...
  6. Red Ranger

Cruise control

My ranger is a bare bones 2.5 liter 5 speed manual. I sort of miss the cruise I had on the F-150, and want to add it to the Ranger. I'm looking for an aftermarket unit as I really can't afford (dollars and down time) to change the column and everything to have a factory unit installed. Has...
  7. Red Ranger

tires

I'm thinking of new tires soon. I'm asking what brand would be good. Ranger is a '00 regular cab, 2.5 liter and 5 speed. Truck is used daily for basic transportation, work, shopping etc... I don't plan on towing or off roading. Thanks,
  8. Red Ranger

clicking sounds when starting

Been a while since I've been here. To much to do around the house. Lately I noticed a bunch of clicking noises from behind the dash when I start the truck. Sounds like a bunch of old relays clicking. Truck is a '00 2.5 liter, 5 speed. The only mod is an aftermarket radio installed at Best Buy...
  9. Red Ranger

Valve stem caps

Anyone have an idea if those caps that indicate tire pressures are very accurate. Saw some at the store the other day. The package claimed they would show an indication before a 5 pound loss of pressure.
  10. Red Ranger

Got Lucky

The other day, I found coolant dripping when I got home from work. First thoughts was a water pump. Today, I put the pressure tester on it and found a loose hose clamp. After tightening the clamp and cleaning the area, it held 20psi for 30 minutes with nothing dripping or loss of pressure.
  11. Red Ranger

Winter driving

Since this is my first Ranger, I wondering how it will act in the snow and ice. Single cab, short bed, 2.5 and 5 speed manual, 2WD, and M+S 225/70/15 tires with about 1/2 life on them. I have noticed that it is a bit more squirrelly than the '88 F-150 that I had. Thanks,
  12. Red Ranger

Under hood pad

Mine is missing, it was missing when I bought the Ranger. I see that LMC Truck has replacements, cut to fit for $40.00. Is this pad necessary to have? What purpose does it serve beside insulation? Thanks,
  13. Red Ranger

Low Flow

Both side registers have low air flow coming out. is this normal, typical Ford, or is something I need to look into? Both center registers have very strong flow. This is a standard cab, bare bones Ranger. Thanks,
  14. Red Ranger

What's the easiest...

way to change the rear inlet plugs on a '00 2.5L? It looks like the intake has to come off to reach them. Thanks,
  15. Red Ranger

Spark plugs

What would be a good plug to use? 2.5 Liter, 5 speed manual. Thanks,
  16. Red Ranger

Third brake light

My Ranger has a solid red lense. I saw thar LMC Truck has some pretty cool LED replacement lights. Would a white cargo light be prewired from the factory? If not would it be hard to wire one up? Thanks,
  17. Red Ranger

Rain Water Leak

I've been trying to find the cause of my water leak. Poured water down the cowl vent, and it came right our the bottom of the truck. I'm going to assume that it's not plugged up. I took the kick panels off, and climbed inside the truck while my son hit it with a hose. I saw water dripping from...
  18. Red Ranger

Windshields

I have a pretty big water leak in my 2000 Ranger. I'm going to take interior panels off in the next couple of days to see what I can. I noticed that the windshield has a marking of LOF in the lower right corner. Is this a Ford windshield? the reason I ask is, because on the driver side a piece...
  19. Red Ranger

Parts Book

Anybody know if a parts book is aviable to purchase? I have a tech cd, but it doesn't show parts. Thanks,
  20. Red Ranger

Water Leak

Bought a regular cab 2000 Ranger a couple weeks ago. Last night after a giant storm, I found water on the driver floor. After looking and studying the door, it looks like the top of the door is closer to the roof than the passenger door. I'm thinking the the rubber along the roof might be worn...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad