• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. brokemechanic3000

off pavement cherry picker

I am going to start swapping a 5.0L from a 2000 mountaineer into my 1999 Mazda B series with a 3.0L. But I have no blacktop or concrete to do this on and need a cherry picker that can go on gravel or dirt. Can anyone help me with this problem?
  2. brokemechanic3000

12 volt key on power source

I am sure this has been asked before but where is a good 12 volt key on power source to tap into for a switch panel on a 1999 Mazda B3000? It is for a light bar on the front that I want to turn off when key is turned off. Also can I make it so that I can have my fog lights and high beams on at...
  3. brokemechanic3000

Looking for a wheel

I am looking for a 15x7 5 spoke silver steel wheel to match 3 that I have and the places near me ask if it has black pockets or not. How do I tell what I have? picture is the style of wheel but not sure If it is with black pockets or not.
  4. brokemechanic3000

Injection

Just curious if I can take injectors from a 5.0l and out them in a 3.0l? If so would I gain anything? I'm just biding my time till the 3.0l dies and I will be swapping the entire powertrain/drivetrain from my donor Mountaineer into my B series.
  5. brokemechanic3000

front door glass

I was wondering if the door glass is the same for the front doors on a 2000 Mercury mountaineer and a Mazda B series. I was thinking of pulling the glass from the mountaineer, tinting it and then put it in my Mazda.
  6. brokemechanic3000

No Crank

My 1999 Mountaineer 5.0L wont Crank. I have replaced the starter with a known good one, checked the relays, checked the ignition switch, and charged the battery. When i turn the key to start everything comes on but the solenoid only clicks. I changed the starter because I had a new one ready to...
  7. brokemechanic3000

Misfire

I just replaced the gas tank on my 1999 mercury mountaineer 5.0l. Now throws a misfire code for cylinder 4 and multiple misfires. The plugs, wires and filter are new, was going to check the coils this weekend. Any ideas on what else I should check?
  8. brokemechanic3000

Fuel line disconnect

I'm trying to clean the fuel rail and injectors on my 1999 Mercury Mountaineer 5.0L, the connection in the engine bay does not want to come apart. Is it okay if I run the cleaner through fron the fuel filter location instead? I have a non dismantle pressurized cleaner tool.
  9. brokemechanic3000

Just some questions

I am getting ready to swap out my 7.5" for an 8.8" out of a mountaineer, and have a few questions. I was wondering if I can keep it spring under by getting lift springs (my rough measurement is 6" for axletube and springpacks) this would keep my ride height the same. Also I am wondering that...
  10. brokemechanic3000

Starting a collection

Earlier I posted that I picked up a 99 Mountaineer for my wife, well I scored another one that I am going to part out. This brings my herd to 2 Mountaineer and a Mazda B series. So I'm gonna part out the new one for the others, odds and ends that yhe wifes needs and I want to put the 5.0...
  11. brokemechanic3000

rear axle shaft damper

I just picked up a 1999 Mercury mountaineer for my wife, I am fixing it up and noticed the rear differential has a shock on it. I was wondering how important it is/what exactly does it do.
  12. brokemechanic3000

Needing a good pair of arms

I need new windshield wiper arms for my 99 B-Series I have called all of my suppliers at work and did a couple of days searching online, But it seems that nobody has new arms. Just wondering if anybody here can point me in the right direction.
  13. brokemechanic3000

Quick Question

I am Thinking about swapping out my 7.5" rear for a 8.8". But what I want to do is use a Ranger 8.8 instead of an Explorer one, As far as I can tell it would be a direct bolt in. So is it that simple and how hard would it be to find one?
  14. brokemechanic3000

Cash for clunkers

I was poking around on You Tube and got into the Cash for Clunkers videos and came across this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F54tF54mi8o I think I can safely assume that most of us here think that the program was a scam/wast of time/money. But it wasn't the sodium silicate the dealers had...
  15. brokemechanic3000

Got myself a Henry lever action .22 rifle

I was wondering if anyone here can tell me where I can find some .22 rifle shells. I just picked up a .22 rifle to take care of the Varmints that try to kill my animals but I cannot find any ammo in my area, so I wanted to know what websites to check out that are reliable and safe to order from.
  16. brokemechanic3000

Which ones Should I get

As the title States I am looking at buying some lights for the Mazda and I am having a hard time deciding which ones to get. http://www.fleetfarm.com/detail/blazer-halogen-auxiliary-light-kit/0000000082510 Or http://www.walmart.com/ip/Blazer-OE-Fog-Light-Kit/15111229 Not sure if I want fog...
  17. brokemechanic3000

Fluid capacity and type

I haven't seen it on the site but it would be nice if there were a listing of fluid capacities and specifications for our trucks in the info section. :icon_idea:
  18. brokemechanic3000

Did my wife hurt my truck?

My wife drove my truck in 4 low on the road and I was wondering if she hurt anything. I asked her and she said she was only going 40 MPH! I was so pissed but when I drove it later it seemed fine.
  19. brokemechanic3000

Torque

I am looking for reliable torque specifications for ball joints and tie rods on 3/4 and 1 ton Ford and dodge trucks. I am thinking years would be from mid 90's to almost current.
  20. brokemechanic3000

Dreamin

What would be your dream setup (if money were no object) I will start with mine. 1970's F250 High boy 300 straight six built up SM 465 transmission NP 208 transfer case Dana 44 open knuckle front 9 inch rear some 33" Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac tires :icon_welder:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad