• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 4.0 swap question

Real soon when it warms up i am going to be finishing up my swap and i ran into a problem in my wiring. The donor vehicle is a 91 4 door explorer 4x4 auto, and the vehicle the engine is being swapped to is a 92 ranger 4x4 that was a 2.9 with a 5 speed. I used all of the engine bay wiring from...
  2. Clutch Question

Im on ebay looking at clutch kits and it says that there is two different clutches one for '90-'92 and '93-2000. Is this correct, will the 93-00 clutch not work on a '91? Thanks -Nick-
  3. Weird weather

Man, winter wont go out without a fight. Yesterday it snowed about 8 inches, and today i wake up to a nice sunny 80 degree day! Any one else having any wierd weather? -Nick-
  4. M5od I.D.

I have 2 m5ods and want to know what year they are, does any one know how to decode the data sticker? These are the numbers, 1st trans: E87A PF 143850, 2nd: F17A RA A143790. Thanks -Nick-
  5. question

I have had people tell me that having a new gear meshing with an old gear isnt good. The reason I ask is that my m5od needs a new input shaft and i need to know if thats true so i know whether to buy just the input shaft or all the gears, they all look good though. Thanks, -Nick-
  6. I know its not a good idea, but im curious.

Has any one ran a fm146 behind a 4.0? The reason i ask is because im sick of not being able to drive my ranger. I need a new input shaft for my m5od, and money is tight right now, so i thought about using the fm 146 for a little while till i can save up enough for my input shaft. What do you...
  7. What kind of m5od is this?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/_Car-Truck-Parts-Accessories__FORD-THUNDERBIRD-M5R1-5-SPEED-TRANSMISSION-GOOD_W0QQitemZ140286506044QQadiZ2865QQadnZCarQ20Q26Q20TruckQ20PartsQ20Q26Q20AccessoriesQQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item140286506044&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparm...
  8. M5OD rebuild questions

I am rebuilding my m5od next week or whenever the rest of my parts get here and I need to find the torque specifications for all the bolts, does any one know where I can find them? What is the break in procedure after rebuilding a m5od? And what should i use for assembly lube? -Nick-
  9. Saving another RBV from the crusher today!

Going to go pick up a nice 90' Bronco 2 today with a blown a4ld for $300 I'll post pics of it when i get it. Heres some of my other saves 91' ranger ex-cab ($200) 84' Bronco 2 ($600) 91' Explorer w/ 55,000 original miles ($100) 92' Ranger ex-cab (free) I know, im an enthusiast :wub...
  10. c5 lost reverse

My c5 in my 84 b2 lost reverse, i backed out of my driveway (going to the store), it clunked hard and I kept reversing just fine then I came out of the conveinience store and no reverse. What the hell happened? -Nick-
  11. My new FREE ranger project!

Here's some pics of my newly aquired free ranger project It needs some work, like the motor swapped, I already pulled the 2.9/fm146 combo out, and i have a 55,000 mile 4.0 and a4ld to go in, dont worry the a4ld will be replaced with my m5od once its rebuilt, its got a real d35 not...
  12. 4x2 to 4x4

Sorry if this isnt the right forum, i thought it would fit in here.I did search and i couldnt figure this out, will a 91' 4x4 explorer engine crossmember bolt to a 91' 2x4 ranger frame to convert it to 4x4? I have the ranger and the explorer and need to know so i can get my project started...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad