• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. T5 swap question

I know I asked this before, probably along time ago, can't find it. I have a complete 87 Turbo Coupe with a T5. I am on my second M5od in two years and this one is going. I can't seem to find any info on driveshaft modification. The truck is a 92 Ranger, 2wd, Extended cab 2.3l 5 speed. I have...
  2. Ranger stock maf turbo install

I have a Ranger (2.3l, 5-speed) with a trans going and i have a 87 Turbocoupe with a hurt engine, good turbo and a t-5. I want to try and install the turbo on the ranger just using the stock boost and the ranger maf. most of my questions have been answered by the tech section, ang just want...
  3. Need slave cylinder recommendations

After reading this In the awesome tech libraries here at thetangerstation: The hydraulic clutch, slave cylinder/throwout bearing is another item you should pay close attention to. After time, the slave cylinder fails to release the clutch completely. If you are having trouble shifting into 1st...
  4. Broken front spring mount

On my ranger 2wd, the passenger front spring mount is rotted/broken. Is this part of the whole front cross member riveted to the frame, or is it separate from the engine cross member? thanks is advance.
  5. quick question

Never have dealt with a 4x4. Friend has a 94 ranger 4.0l 4x4. said he had a noise in the front. long story short is they tried to beat out the passenger axle(out of the pumpkin, cause they said it wouldn't come out). Well they got it out, put it back together, and now have a worse noise. Just...
  6. turnining my old dell dimension 4600 into a netbox

I am in the market for a new PC. I want to use the old dell 4600 for a web surfer, also something i can use for general media purposes for my TV. Does it help to delete everything that i wont use on my TV, like office and all that crap. I have a AGP style PC for the video card so my options are...
  7. Having trouble running youtube 1080p

Any reason why? Older computer, same problem on firefox and chrome.
  8. 92 ford ranger no start 2.3l dual plug

my truck died on me today, sputtered then die, it was act like it would try to start, until i checked the fuel pressure with a gauge, no pressure. i for some reason checked spark, the drivers side i checked with a cheap-o spark tester and got nothing. Is it possible i burned the coil checking...
  9. v8 swap/ driveshaft, other considerations

i have a 86 mustang 5.0l setup. iwant to use as much as possible in my 92 ext. cab 2.3l 5 spd. i think i will just swap to a stang aod. do i need to modify the stock driveshaft? the engine only has maybe 200 horse so i want to use as much existing as possible. what about the water pump, power...
  10. 1988 merkur xr4ti

are these the same as 88 tc engines? same trans (t5 and hydraulic clutch setup?)
  11. 92 ranger gas tank straps/support

my gas tank straps are rusted out and broken. i called ford and they told me it was either $175 or $310 (wheelbase and tank capacity). 92 ford ranger,2.3 manual extended cab. is there any aftermarket source for this besides j.c. whitneys universal ranger kit? or should i rig it, i have a lincoln...
  12. mazda trans question

recently replace my trans in my 92 w/ a 93 trans (2.3, super cab 5-spd). i had problems w/ the shifter and replaced the whole cover(shifter), w/ the one from the blown trans. problem is that i can here the trans "idling" with the clutch engaged and the trans in neutral. is this common? its not...
  13. trans x-member bracket on frame (noob)

hi, replacing my trans in my 92 ranger w/ 2.3 manual trans. the trans x member is shot and so is the passenger side bracket (rotted) that is riveted to the frame. anywhere i can source these parts from? can't seem to find a listing anywhere, checked the ford parts finder sites, and others. the...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad