• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Burning Oil after Cylinder Head replacement- Compression Test Results

Hey guys I have a 99 5spd with 151k I just rebuilt the upper end with new heads, pushrods/rockers and complete regasketing of the motor, along with Clutch and slave cylinder. The motor blew both head gaskets, timing cover, and intake at basically all the same time. Never had internal Leaking...
  2. Bad, Bad, problem

Alright here is what one of those horror stories, mixed with sheer stupidity. I was replacing my intake manifold gaskets, rockers and pushrods due to excessive clearence and leaks. Upon pulling my 5th pushrod, the pushrod slipped, and fell somewhere down into the crankcase, it fell right near...
  3. Blown Manifold/head gasket variations?

What is the difference symptom wise between a blown head gasket and a leaking intake manifold? I have been steadily losing coolant over the last year or so, thinking it was a leaking thermostat. I replaced the thermostat, which was actually leaking some, roughly 2 months ago. I am still losing...
  4. Where to find pushrods

Simple question, where can i find a good new set of pushrods, I checked summit and JC jipme, cant find a damn thing. Do i need to go to the ford stealership to get them? Also has anyone replaced a set of pushrods because of wear, if so what was the time frame to replace, i may have a couple days...
  5. More problems...great

I had made a thread a little while ago about how my 4.0 began to misfire in my 99 after i washed the engine bay down ( it was cold.) I left it go for a few hours and it went away, and never showed signs til today, I was leaving work and just spent the previous day installing ( the correct way) a...
  6. Where to route Vacuum line?

As in an earlier post i purchased a sunpro vaccum gauge, and am having trouble finding a spot to route the vacuum line. Again its in a 1999 XLT 4.0 manual, thanks again!
  7. Where to Tap into Vacuum?

I went and got myself a little vacuum gauge id like to mount in my 1999 4.0 XLT. Its a sunpro retro Vacuum gauge, and i tested it the line that runs to the EVAP service port, but i only got 5 Hg, no where near what it should be. Is there a better place to tap into, or is something wrong? I...
  8. So much for cleaning the engine Bay...

Well, I was having a swell saturday and i decided, i should wash the truck while its nice outside, and in doing so i also washed the engine bay down with simple green and sprayed it down and about 10 minutes later i started it up to find that it is misfiring horribly. So i checked the usual...
  9. Seafoam Questions

Hey guys i would like to seafoam my 1999 ranger 4.0. I would like to run it through my vacuum brake booster line ONLY, I know my fuel system is clean as well as my crankcase. So my question is do i really need to change the oil after doing it to the top end of the engine? If i dont have any...
  10. Gibson Dual split side pictures

Alright, does anyone have a gibson dual side swept exaust on a 1997-04 ranger xlt? I cannot find a truck that has this setup. The picture on the instructions for the kit looks shitty as far as looks at the tail end. If anyone has this setup please show me so i know whether or not to get this. Thanks
  11. Which exaust to get?

I got 99 ranger, 4.0 4x4, and im looking into Gibson exaust systems. Ive decided on either Dual side swept or straight duals. Im leaning more towards dual sideswep but id like to see pictures of a ranger around my year with this setup. Id also like to see straight duals, as i also like them...
  12. Coolant Smell

I have a 4.0 99 ranger, 4x4 with roughly 79K miles. Well maintained, just finished full tuneup. But ever since i bought the truck it smells of coolant after being driven. Dry as a bone no leaking anywhere, does not leak coolant, does not consume coolant, fluid level was low when i first got the...
  13. Electric fan install?

Has anyone ever installed an electric fan setup in their belt driven setup? Id like to install one to reduce work on the engine, hopefully to give some mileage and horsepower back if possible. Any feedback on where i can find a kit to do it all at once i would appriciate it, Thanks
  14. 99 4.0 tune up

I just bought a 99 ranger with 79K miles on it, everything runs great but i would like to do plugs and wires as i believe they are original, If im to do plugs and wires id like to put the best in and have it over with, any advice i would appriciate, thanks.
  15. Advice on 4.0

I just bought a 99 ranger XLT a few weeks ago and love it, everything runs good as it should. 78K miles, 5 speed with the 4.0 in it. Ran some fuel cleaner through it as well as engine restore in the oil change last weekend. Everything runs great, and after i have my bed cover, i wanna start...
  16. Checking in from PA

Hey guys im Kevin from Lancaster PA, and this is my first truck i have ever owned ( 1999 Ranger). I have been sort of thrown into the truck scene because of a near fatal accident in my mustang this past christmas. I realized i need something with more metal on it, and the ranger is everything i...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad