• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 4R44E No Reverse

Purchased a 99 Ranger 4X4 3.0 that was in good condition except for the transmission didn't get reverse. I did some investigating before I went and looked at it. When I test drove it, I started out in 1st and let off to see if the truck slowed down, failure to slow was likely a band failure, and...
  2. 88 V-8 Swap Accessory Questions

I did a V-8 swap into my 88 2WD from a 97 Exploder. I used the accy that came with that motor. I've found that the P/S Pump will not drive my steering box so I'm changing the accy's over to the stock pump. To do this I have to change the accy drive. I have seen the p/n's for the brackets but...
  3. 88 2WD Front Steering Bind

I thot mb my PS was out after I did the V-8 swap but no. It looks like I have some sort of Steering bind that the PS will not overcome. You have to really grunt to turn the wheels. I did a 4" front lift while I was doing the V-8 swap and put the 4" drop Pitman arm that needed to go with it. I...
  4. 88 2WD V-8 Swap PS conversion

I did a V-8 swap into my 88 2WD last year with a 97 exploder motor and accessory setup. I want to convert to a ranger or saginaw PS pump, because the exploder unit will not drive my truck with 4" lift and 235 tires. Is there a bracket that I can use and still maintain current accessory brackets...
  5. 88 2WD V-8 Swap PS question NEED HELP!!!

Ever since I did the V-8 swap on my 88 Ranger I have no power steering. My thread is below. I'm using the PS from 97 Exploder. It works fine with wheels off the ground, can turn with one finger. Put it down and you have to be a bodybuilder to turn it. I changed the pump already, thinking the JY...
  6. 88 2WD V-8 Swap PS question

I dropped in the whole engine and acc drive from a 97 exploder. Plumbed the PS pump to my steering box press-press return-return. For some reason I'm not getting any power steering at all. I've changed the pump once already thinking that mb a junkyard pump was bad but still no PS. It doesn't...
  7. 88 Ranger Swap Tranny Trashed Need Help!

OK, I did my engine swap, 302 and M5R2 last spring. Been driving it this winter with a few bugs to be worked on, mainly carburetion. My tranny went out in a grinding flash last night just as I got home. Started it up this morning and it was worse than expected. In short, I need another trans. I...
  8. Trashed Tranny Woes, need help!

I did a V8 swap in my ranger last year with a 302 and a M5R2 out of a 01 F150 V-6. The trans went south just as I got home last night, and this morning its DOA. I think it's going to be cheaper just to get a good used low mileage tranny than trying to rebuild this one. I was looking for a 97-98...
  9. Clutch line problems!

Since the R1 Slave cyl disconnect is larger than the R2 gold slave disconnect, does anyone know which one this fits? http://www.summitracing.com/parts/mcl-139204-30/overview/ Mine is leaking since my trans chg so I want a better alternative.
  10. Power Steering Inadequacy??

I recently did a 302 swap into my 88 Ranger after my son blew the engine. I used the eng and accy drives including the power steering pump. There is no power steering at idle but as I drive it the power steering gets easier. Since the pump is from a vehicle with a rack and pinion and mine has a...
  11. No Power Steering after Eng Swap.

ok, I have an 88 Ranger Long Bed that had an 2.9L and 2WD in it. I swapped a 97 302 from an Exploder. Eng runs great with no issues, except that I have no PS. I used the old Pressure and return sides of the steering box and hooked them to the new pump. No leaks but I have no PS. The thing is...
  12. 88 Eng Swap and now No Power Steering!

ok, I have an 88 Ranger Long Bed that had an 2.9L and 2WD in it. I swapped a 97 302 from an Exploder. Eng runs great with no issues, except that I have no PS. I used the old Pressure and return sides of the steering box and hooked them to the new pump. No leaks but I have no PS. I figured since...
  13. Stupid R1 and R2 question??

Will the R1 tailshaft housing fit an R2 trans? i have both and cant find a 97-98 R2 housing anywhere.
  14. 88 Ranger Eng Swap PS INOP

Okay, my swap was done but I'm still working on the front suspension. The only problem I'm having is that the PS doesn't work. I filled all my fluids before I even started the eng. It was cold out so I thot that mb that was the problem, it wasn't. Still no PS and my fluid is frothy. I used PS...
  15. 88 2WD Alignment Problems Help!

Last summer I swapped out my stock springs for some 150 springs for some added ground clearance. I then had a pos camber issue. I did a V8 swap and a Pro Comp 4" lift on it. I just installed a drop Pitman arm and bought the fully adjustable camber bushings, #594, to correct the severe neg camber...
  16. 2.0 to 2.3 Tracker swap

Has anyone done this conversion before? My daughter has a 00 Chevy Tracker, which is essentially a Suzuki Vitara. Needless to say it's a POS engine. Many ppl put 4.3 Chevy v-6 but I was thinking, since I bleed Ford Blue, how about a 2.3 eng, trans, and xfer case out of a Ranger...seems simple...
  17. I need a starter index plate for 4.2l v-6

Anyone have a index plate for a 4.2l v-6 97-03 manual. The Ford Racing plate I ordered will not work and I can't find one anywhere. I'm stalled until I can locate one of these. Ford wants about $90 for one and I can't get ahold of the guy I bought the Trans from. Any help would be appreciated.
  18. Digger's 88 Ranger Swap Thread

Well I officially started my swap today. I got the old trans out and inspected it along side the new one. As you can see, the V-8 bellhousing is considerably bigger than the V-6. The R1 is on the Left and the R2 the right. In the side by side photo, the R1 from my 2.9, is on the right, is the...
  19. Swap parts list I'm buying next weekend questions

I got my 97 5.0 and my 01' R2 and I'm going to buy parts next week and just wanted to double check my list and run it by everyone. Getting a starter index plate from Ford Racing. They say it only goes up to 95 but the 5.0 went in F-150s until 96. Did they change anything that I need to be aware...
  20. R1-R2 V-8 Swap Speedo Question!

Ok I'm picking my 01 R2 trans up next weekend for my 5.0 2wd swap. I heard that the speedo location changed in 2000 from the trans to the rear axle. How can I get the speedo to work? Is there a plug that I can remove and still use the stock position or what. I have no idea of how I'm going to...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad