• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Brake Light

I'm definitely not a mechanic, so sorry if I sound like an idiot. I've got an 02 Ranger 3.0L. My brake light has been coming on lately, and I know it has nothing to do with my parking brake. It's been inconsistant. Say for instance, if I start my truck, disengage my parking brake, the light...
  2. Testing 4WD

I'm going out to test a 02 4.0 with 4wd. I really like inspecting my cars before I buy them. I'm real picky with everything, I like to make sure everything is perfect. My biggest pet peve is making sure the windows work, and every button works. My first car, half the buttons worked, DROVE ME...
  3. 4.0 Mpg

I'm planning on taking a road trip From San Diego, to Cabo San Lucas. It's about a 1000 miles down. I want to hit all the good hot spots on the way down, and I'm looking for a new ranger with 4wd so I can go confidently. I found one with a 4.0 automatic. Any one know the avg MPG of a 4wd 4.0...
  4. Squeaky Synchronizer

Hey Guys, I've been having this squeek lately that been driving me nuts. We tracked it down to my synchronizer. I've heard its a common problem on 3.0's. Its that piece with the long shaft thing that goes inside and spins around with a magnet telling something to do something. Periodically...
  5. F250 Fuel Mileage

I'm looking at a 2001 F250 7.3L. It's got a decent lift in it, nothing huge, magnaflow exhaust, and new BFG All-Terrain tires. It is a crew cab short bed with 98,000 miles on it and its 4wd automatic. I'm just curious what kind of fuel mileage they tend to get. This is a one of a kind truck for...
  6. Metal Recycling

Does any one know of a place in so cal that I can take my old wheels to. I'm got stock wheels, just wondering how much I can get for recycling them. I kinda want to lift my truck now, now that I've got the money. I just want to keep expenses as low as possible. Heres the question, spend more...
  7. Gas Mileage with Bigger Tires

I want to lift my truck, but I dont know if its is worth it now with gas prices as they are. I have an 02 Ranger, ext cab auto with a 3.0. Everything is stock. I want to do a 3" fabtech spindle lift with 31 BFG AT'S. I don't have the money to re gear afterwards. I don't know what gears I have...
  8. Procomp vs. Rancho

I'm going to lift my truck soon. What would you guys reccomend. I've been thinking of going with ProComp ES9000 Nitrogen shocks. My friend got Rancho RS5000 shocks on his Tacoma and it rides really well. I havent felt the ride with ProComps, and I'm curious of what you guys think. I have an...
  9. 33" Tires

Does anyone know how sluggish 33" tires would be with a stock diff? I think right now stock my tires are 27", but with a lift and all and 33" tires, how sluggish will I be? Could it even be too much stress and break something?
  10. Fuel Filters

I'm tired of getting the kind of mileage I'm getting now. I love my truck, but 15 mpg just sucks. I've got 41,000 miles now, and as far as I know, the fuel filter has never been changed. I'm assuming that this will increase my mpg if its dirty. I have an '02 3.0L 2WD Ranger XLT, does anyone...
  11. Wheels with Spindles

I'm going to put in 3" Fabtech spindles. OEM wheels wont work, Fabtech says I need 15x7 wheels with 3.75" backspacing. I found these wheels from America's Tires, these things are dope; plus their only 75 bucks! But now I'm pissed because I realized they dont come in 15x7, only 15x8. This sucks...
  12. Add a Leaf's

I'm putting 3" spindles on my truck, and for the back I'm not sure what I want to do. Should I put in 1.5" blocks or 1.5" add a leaf? I've been wanting to put in an add a leaf, mainly because when I need the extra loud capacity, I have it. Every now and then I have a trailer I need to tow around...
  13. Squeaky Shocks/Leaf Springs

I took my full stock 2WD offroading a little while ago, now my front end squeaks like a bitch. Everytime I go over a speed bump something is squeaking as I go up and down. I'm guessing the shocks? Its not one of those high pitched squeaks, like squeaky brakes (those squeak too), a low pitched...
  14. Fabtech Shocks

I'm going to put in 3" Fabtech spindles here in a little while. Eventually I'll get new control arms, coils, the works. But for now, I'm just going to get a 3" lift spindle in the front and a 2" add a leaf in the rear, and shocks all the way around. I was planning on just going with the fabtech...
  15. Offroading Today

My buddies and I went out on a nearby trail today, not a very difficult trail. I've been out before, and it had recently rained, so I knew it would be a little muddy. I've just got 27" street tires, but I took by brothers 30" BFG AT tires off of his Ranger and threw it in mine. I had about ten...
  16. This is a big ass ranger

This is just frkn huge...
  17. Spare Tire

What is the biggest spare tire you can fit underneath an 02 Ranger xlt. Ideally I want to put a 31x10.5R15 BFG AT under there, but I dont know if it will fit. Will I need to get a spare tire carrier?
  18. Tow Hooks

I'm at the beginning of a big, a long transformation of my Ranger. I've got a stock 2wd 02 Supercab automatic 3.0. First, pretty soon here I'm going to put in a 3" Fabtech spindle lift and 15 MB wheels with 31" BFG AT's. Next after that I'm going to put in some tow hooks, given I dont have...
  19. Bolt patterns

I'm looking at getting new wheels. I'm thinking of going real cheap, those black rock crawler wheels for like 50 bucks a piece. I'm just a little reluctant getting black wheels, I'm not a real big fan of black wheels, but there cheap. What you want is always more expensive. Does any one have...
  20. Fabtech Lift Kit

I'm considering putting in a 3" Fabtech spindle lift kit on my 02 2WD. I've heard they have a pretty good ride to them. Are they pretty durrable. My truck is just a daily driver, so I want it to last a long time, and be good offroad. I dont go offroading that much, and cant do a whole lot with...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad