• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. ranger recovery truck/resto

when i turned 16(3 years ago) i drove a 1988 ranger 4x4 and beat my truck. it currently needs some work that will be starting Dec 1, trying to bring it back. my ranger has a 4" suspension lift with 31" yokohama geolanders and i found it to be a very capable truck I only ended up stuck a hand...
  2. 4x4 bagged!

i have a 1988 ranger i have lifted but it has sat for the past two years because of my new DD (06 f150 on 35s) now im ready to do something diffrent with my ranger and i am interested in slamming it on air bags. Why not? 3 link the rear end but what would i do with the front end, air bags and...
  3. my 88 thinking of painting it...

heres some pics of my ranger now my dd is a 2006 f150 so i can spend some money and time on my old ranger. what color do you think i should paint it ? has some surface rust and lots of scratches. http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2610935
  4. 88 ranger box panel parts needed

i have a 1988 ranger ext cab i need a passenger side panel to patch right above the wheel well i just have a 1" rust hole or should i try patching it when i paint my truck? how would i go about doing that?
  5. carb 302 engine buildl up.

im going to start building up a carb 302 i beleive for my 88 ranger curently EFI 2.9 what would be the best rebuild kit i havnt decided a goal or budget for the build yet. but first off what would be a good performance rebuild kit without spending over $800. also what should i look at for...
  6. UPGRADING 2.9L ranger to Turbo or 347 stroker

im spending some money on my old 2.9L ranger since it is no longer my daily driver. it is lifted 4" with 31s and im interested in doing somthing for some horsepower! some things im interested in doing are keeping the 2.9L and running a turbo with 9 PSI of boost. or converting to a 2.3L and...
  7. what kind of little car would you buy?

well i have a 1988 ranger lifted and everything its a great truck. im looking for a newer relibable vehicle probably a small car 2003-2009 im not really sure what to get im thinking eather a 2 door cobalt 4cyl 5speed or a tiburon SE 5speed. If you were buying a small car for the MPG what would...
  8. new car!!! (sorry its not a ford)

well tomorow im going to buy a 2003 Toyota Corolla typse S, what do you guys think of this car. im buying it because they get 35mpg and my current ranger only gets 12mpg do you think this is a good or bad idea ? i wanted a ford product but i wasnt going to drive a focus and the stangs are not...
  9. what ranger to i buy ????? 2wd vs 4wd 2008!

well im looking at buying a new ranger since mine is a 1988 but im only in high school and im buying it myself but my parents will probably help with payments. first of all im keeping my 88 for mudding so my new one will never see mud. and another big issue is MPG! gas is killing my wallet so my...
  10. buying a new truck please help me choose

well it looks like in the next month or two i will be buying a new ranger around a 2007+ the things i want in the truck is 5 speed is a must and i would like it to be a 4cyl. i think if i get the 4cyl i can only get 4x2 correct me if i am wrong? also i was looking at aftermarket already! i cant...
  11. well should i go with a stang or a ranger

well im looking for a newer dependable daily driver, theres a 1994 mustang V6 with low miles by me that stang already has tint,duals exhaust,17"rims, grill, and clear headlights its $4000, or theres a guy that brings in all these S10 and Rangers i could probly get a 1996-2000 ranger but with...
  12. custom liecense plates!

well im getting custom liecense plates and i want something cool and im really into racing and stuff so iv thought of a fuew diffrent ones like: cheater cheater50 2fast4u and a fuew others just basics o and if your wondering about why i thot of cheater its my dogs name and ever budy use to call...
  13. Type R!!!! Yeah!

well for xmas this year i got a pioneer 5900ib deck and 12" 2ohm alpine type R, with a MA audio 800rms amp @ 2ohms, and a 2 cub ported box, its pretty sweet and i would recomend it to anyone buy on the back of the sub where you wire it to the amp i ran theres 2 pos and 2 neg i hooked all of...
  14. new rockford subs

hey i was just wondering if anyone has tryed the newer rockford subs to see if there any better then the old ones. im thinking about trying a new style 15" p1 because there only $69 at sonicelectronix but any info on them would help ...thanks also would a memphis 15 or ma audio 15" be alright ...
  15. 2.9L tranny vs 4.0L tranny

i no it has probably already been discused thousands of times but my 2.9L arld tranny is leeking and over heates and i can get a free auto tranny out of a explorer but its a 4.0L tranny. will this fit or is there a adaptor, i would like to no what mods i would have to do to make it fit. thanks
  16. 2.9 to 5.0L swap

okay well my 2.9 trannys bin slippin and pucking so theres this about 1994 5.0L motor stock that i can get my hands on for basically a case of beer well what else will i need to buy for the swap this is what i figure so far Headers( i already have most of the exhaust for it) tranny(idont no...
  17. i need idea's

ok i dont no if it goes here but in my high school shop class i need a welding project i would like to do something for my truck but the teacher already said i couldnt do a roll bar. im thinking of maybe a front bumper or possable a back bumper, i also thought about a dirt bike stand or...
  18. A4ld

ok iv bin looking around the tranny forum for awile and i thought i had a parts truck for a manual swap but the guy wants a outragous amount for a rotted truck sitting in the busch so i might fix my auto. my trucks a 1988 ranger 4x4 auto and the tranny will over heet after i drive it for about...
  19. auto to manual swap

ok i have a 1988 ford ranger 2.9L and i blew the pos tranny that came with it and i have a donor truck with a manual that im going to swap into it i think the donor has everything i need. is there any advice i need before doing this and is it a very hard swap ?i havnt looked at it much and i was...
  20. type R but what amp???

ok my christmas present this year is a 12" alpine type R in a ported enclosure but i have to buy the amp, i will need a amp with a good 500rms so i want to spend about $120 on it so it will probly be off ebay. what kinda should i get since i dont want to drop big money on one just so it will get...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad