• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Booncha57

Chirping noise on start (weird story)

I changed my plugs and wires and when I went to start it I heard this whip-whirl sound and a horrible belt squeal sound, so I shut it down. On investigation, I found a wire on the ground under the engine with one of the boots ripped off. I must have left it in the motor somewhere and it got...
  2. Booncha57

Pop-start problem?

My starter went bad on me a while back and I ended up pop starting my truck. As soon as it started, a bunch of smoke came from under my truck, it wasn't running on all cylinders (this cleared up after about 5 seconds), and I had a pretty loud clicking sound for about 5 miles that was consistent...
  3. Booncha57

Coil Resistance

The Haynes manual says you should have 13-15k and I have around 15.8 on most and 16.03 on one. Is this ok, or could this be part of my poor running problem?
  4. Booncha57

Running rough

I've about had it with this non-sense. I just pulled the intake to make sure all the plugs we're gapped correctly, wires on good, bad vacuum connections, all that stuff and the truck is still not running smooth. I have replaced the plugs, wires, fuel filter, both O2 sensors, checked for vacuum...
  5. Booncha57

Plugs & Wires

Has anybody every heard that if you don't use oem plugs and wires that the truck ends up missing a little and running poor after about a year?
  6. Booncha57

Misfire test

Can you put a timing light on each plug wire to tell which cylinder is misfiring? When I just tried this on some of them I had a few that were consistent but not all. One of them was flashing about twice as fast as the rest, one looked completely random. There must be a reason for this, I'm...
  7. Booncha57

leaf springs

I am in the process of returning my ranger to stock height from being lowered. I raised the front up yesterday and today I attempted to do the rear. I bought the truck lowered so I'm not sure if it was all done "right" or not (whatever that means). How do I go about doing this properly? I...
  8. Booncha57

coil spring

Can somebody explain to me how you get the coil springs out of my truck. '98 2wd. I just did my ball joints and was trying to figure out how to get the spring out. I have a spring compressor but I don't see how you would even get it on there. Maybe I need a step by step process if anyone has...
  9. Booncha57

steering shudder

I just installed upper and lower ball joints and now my steering wheel shudders when I turn it. I cranked the wheel with the truck off and some power steering fluid leaked out so I figured it was that, but I bled it and nothing has really changed. When I have the front wheels off the ground...
  10. Booncha57

spindle

Last year one of my wheel bearings went bad and I had to use an air hammer to get it off of the spindle. I damaged the spindle a little bit and now I'm having a hard time getting that rotor/bearing off. I want to fix this all and do it right. Where can I get the new part that I need...
  11. Booncha57

A/C compressor

I am convinced that my a/c is constantly running. I notice no difference whether I turn it on or off in the temp. of the air blowing out, or the performance of my truck. I used to notice a big difference when it was on, my truck was significantly less powerful. Now it has that light...
  12. Booncha57

Starter

I had an ongoing problem where whenever it was damp out my truck wouldn't start. I would tap on the wire ends at the terminals and it would work. I replaced them and it was good for a while then started up again. The tap trick eventually stopped working. I live on a main city road and am...
  13. Booncha57

Starter

sorry, this was a double post.
  14. Booncha57

Rep power?

I'm pretty new here and I haven't been able to figure out what Rep power stands for. Could someone explain this to me please?
  15. Booncha57

fuel pressure gauge

What are you guys using for a fuel pressure gauge weather it be permanent or temporarily mounted? Also, let me know where you got it. Thanks! ~Matt
  16. Booncha57

sensor testing

Does the Haynes manual give procedures for testing sensors?
  17. Booncha57

Cleaning IAC

If I want to clean my IAC do I need to use an electronics cleaner or will carb cleaner be ok? I just take it off and spray in the holes? Thanks.
  18. Booncha57

lowered with stock shocks?

Hey all, when I bought my truck it was lowered with coils up front and leafs out back. I have been told that it looks like a 2/4 drop (not for sure on that). The shocks that are in it have explorer written on them in black marker, maybe from a junk yard? Are explorer shocks the same size as...
  19. Booncha57

down on power/misfire

Here goes my first post! I changed my plugs and wires and it ran worse after I finished. Didn't run on all cylinders so I figured I had the firing order wrong but I didn't. Started up and ran but misfired a little. I drove it down the street and went back to running horrible, then cleaned...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad