• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Pinion Bearing Preload Tool

If you've got one post up please. What kind? How much was it? Where'd ya get it? Do you like it? Thanks. Broan
  2. New Clutch and now sheared output shaft.

Okay so I'm not totally sure that its a sheared output but thats my first guess before ripping into it. I put in an aftermarket dual friction clutch which is apparently too much grabbing power for the stock drivetrain. After a nice gentle break in period on the disc I started to get into a...
  3. Looking for Stainless U bolts. Ideas?

Title pretty much explains it all. I'm building up a 31 spline 8.8 and I'd like doing things so they last. So I'd like some SS u-bolts long enough to account for the stock 2" blocks. Any ideas are welcome. Thanks guys. Edit: Found this site but they don't offer a 3.25" U-bolt which is what...
  4. Front Bumper

I'm fabbing this up because I want it to match the rear that I just finished. Also, my stock chrome bumper was starting to get some rust creeping over from behind. I'm using the same 8lbs/ft 6" C-chanel that I used for the rear. For the mounts I started with the stockers and went to town...
  5. Eaton D35?

I've heard that Eaton is coming out with a selectable for the D35. Does this rumor hold any water? And if so when is it coming out? Thanks.
  6. High idle.

I've been reading through this subforum but can't seem to find a thread with the exact same symptoms. My 4.0 has 125K on it. It cold starts just fine but almost always settles to a high idle. Right around 1500rpm. On occasion it will idle at 1800rpm. Clutching in slightly to put a load on...
  7. Genuine vs. Yukon Install Kit.

I'm pretty set on the quality of the Yukon gears for the R&P but I'm wondering why there is such a difference in cost for the install kits. Are the install parts that Yukon supplies really that superior to the Genuine kits? Also, if I got a Yukon R&P but wanted to save some dollars with the...
  8. Rear Bumper

I toasted my stocker yanking it outta some mud that had me burried real deap. Took a fullsize bowtie and a Cherokee tugging at the same time to get me out. The stock one ended up looking like a nasty bannana by the end of the tugging. So I took a trip to the metal shop to browse some...
  9. 351W/ZF/T-Case

So I've got a carbed 351 out of an '81 F250. But its got an auto on it. If I were to use the ZF does the shifter end up in a good location for the stock shift boot? It also has a manual Tcase on it which I understand to be a 1356; is this correct? Its my understanding that Tcase will bolt up...
  10. Mildest SAS.

I'm interested in doing an SAS on my 95. So the minimum lift is 6"; correct? In order to get this 6" height which leafs would be best to use? I'm interested in using the shortest leafs possible so the front hangers don't have to be way out there. And then whats the best and max tire size to...
  11. Another Vehicle to Suck My Life Away

Howdy everybody. I've been on here for a couple months but mainly just lurking. I decided I'd do a get to know me thread. First, let me say that I have a serious automotive affliction. It started when I was 15. Promptly after nailing down my first car I was delving into it riping stuff...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad