• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. '86 ranger front end on '93 explorer?

I have access to the front clip of a 2wd 1986 ranger (still on the truck, so I can get all the pieces I need) and I was thinking about trying to swap it onto my 1993 Explorer. So far, here's what I'm noticing while looking at these 2 pictures it seems like the front of the doors and the...
  2. jg09's 1991 Ford Explorer

First off, let me say, I'm sorry that I don't have pics. I finally got my gf's camera and took tons of pics today, only to realize that I didn't get the cord, too. However, I'll sum up days 1-3 of owning and working on the truck, and get some pics up tomorrow night. Day 1 (March 2, 2010) On day...
  3. mating a chevy tranny to a ford motor?

I've been looking around at what tranny i want to try and swap into my '92 Explorer and I'm liking the GM 4L60-E. Anyone ever try and do this swap? Does anyone even make an adapter for that combo?
  4. Guess who got a new rig...

ME!!!!!!! it's a '91 Explorer 4x4. the interior is a little rough, but the body is just about perfect. The paint has no oxidization or scratches. the only exterior flaw (other than chipped paint on the very rear pillars) is ONE ding on the fender. it's a pretty impressive rig. it got it's...
  5. I'm feelin a repaint coming on

the explorer is black with a bunch of brush scratches and trail scars on the doors, so i'm do something about it soon. i'm painting the doors white and airbrushing/stenciling this onto the front doors :D
  6. Think an Explorer could tow this safely?

http://bellingham.craigslist.org/rvs/1568635605.html Do you guys think that an Explorer with a stock A4LD could tow that for any length of time without breaking something?
  7. Old vs. New... our 1992 Explorer and 2002 Explorer

After having both a 92 Explorer and an 02 Explorer, I've come to an interesting conclusion. Newer is NOT better. My opinions: 1992 Ford Explorer 4x4 Pros -fuel economy (for an SUV) -interior room -ruggedness -comfort Cons -tipsy without anti-sway bars installed My '92 is the work and play...
  8. I was curious...

I began wondering what a first gen Explorer would look like if it was offered as a sport trac. so curious, in fact, that i decided to just start photoshopping. I think it'd look a little bit like this: this is just a rough mock up. I'm gonna smooth it out a little tomorrow
  9. Is your A4LD/4.0 combo like this?

Last August, I blew up my Explorer's transmission when I was out four-wheeling. I overheated it and heard a loud pop. After getting unstuck from my position, I noticed that the truck was leaking boiling tranny fluid pretty fast. I lost all the fluid in about 2 or 3 minutes. I collected some in...
  10. B2 4.0 swap questions

I've got a couple questions about putting my Explorer's engine into the B2. Since I'd ultimately like to do the swap and spend as little money as possible ($0 is a good figure for this project), Can I use the 2.8 flywheel? if i do that, what starter should i use? the 2.8 or the 4.0? Also, the...
  11. jg09's Bronco II build up

i'm going to keep a diary of major days in the build of the Bronco II that I'm going to acquire in the next couple days. I'll make sure to keep this first post updated with how things are going, as well as my project plans. So to start off: Jan. 8, 2010 I posted an ad on craigslist looking for...
  12. newb from WA

Hey, I don't actually own a Ranger. I own a '92 Explorer 4x4. It's bone stock. I bought it at the beginning of last summer and four-wheeled everyday until the end of summer, when I completely destroyed the A4LD. Many, many good times were had on the trail in that truck. In the next couple days...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad