• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Are all bronco II rear side windows the same

Hey guys. Im wondering if the rear side windows are the same for all the bronco IIs. My dad started an 85 bronco project with a 4.0 but has lost interest because it doesn't have a title. I know where there is an 89 that has a title and i can get it cheap but the dummy broke all the glass out of...
  2. how does your 2.9 run on the interstate

Ok so i have a 89 ranger ext cab 4wd with the 5 speed and 2.9l and it has no power on the highway. Im trying to figure out if my motor is just wore out or if i have something wrong besides the little stuff. I know my motor is a little worn but it seems to run fine in town but anything over 45 is...
  3. opinions on best tranmission for off road , stick or auto?

Well like the title says what do people prefer as far transmissions off road. I have always personally liked manuals for all my driving but would a built up auto be better off road. An auto would give you one less thing to think about (clutching and shifting and such) but i would think manuals...
  4. thinking about the ranger again. build ideals

So i have a 89 ext cab 4x4 ranger that i got cheap about a year ago because i have always wanted one. This one looks like crap and the bed is toast but that no biggie. since i got it i have been thinking about how to build it and think i am finally honing in on it. I want to build a bad ass off...
  5. will dana 35 hold a 4.6 and beefing suspesion

so i think i might be getting a free 4.6l to build for my ranger. Its an 89 ext cab 4x4. Im also gunna be swapping in the axles out of my dads 94 explorer. my question is will my dana 35 hold the power of a 4.6l off road or do i want to just get a dana 44 and cut, turn, and narrow it. Another...
  6. f150 coil ??? and my suspension plan

ok so im thinking about doing a modular engine swap into my 89 ranger 4x4 ext cab. (yea i know its impossible but i dont care lol). any way i was thinking that to deal with the extra weight of the engine, maybe i could swap in f150 coils instead of the 6 inch skyjacker ones. But i have some...
  7. best place to get moon visor

so after seeing some pictures i think i wanna get a moon visor for my truck. the ones with lights. Does anybody know of a good place to get one reasonably for an 89 ext cab. or better yet any one got one they wanna sell cheap.
  8. 75 f150 dash into a 89 ranger

so i really hate my dash in my ranger and i know where i could get a couple of 75ish ford f150 dashes. So i was thinking i could take one of them and slice and dice the hell out of it and reform it a little to go in my ranger. im five hours away from the f150s right know so does anyone have any...
  9. Plate metal dash

ok so i know i have seen at least one ranger or bronco II in the galleries that had a completely custom dash and i really liked it but now i cant find it. so i really dont like the dash in my ranger and was thinking of building a plate metal dash for it and was wanting some inspiration.
  10. reclining aftermarket seats

ok so im just dream building here but i was thinking about maybe putting aftermarket racing bucket seats in it. I need it to tilt forward as my truck is ext cab. i know that mastercraft and corbeau make suspension seats that tilt and corbeau makes a couple of models that tilt but aren't...
  11. 4.6l sohc or dohc

so my main question is if i decide to swap a 4.6l into my 89 ranger which one should i go with, sohc or dohc. If im thinking right the sohc is narrower making it an easier install, but the dohc i could get an aluminum block and they make more power and torque. is this right. Im thinking of maybe...
  12. did 4.6l explorers have manual tcases

so i was just curious if any of the 4.6l explorers ever came with a 5 speed manual trans, and a manual shift transfer case.
  13. V-8 Conversion picture thread

Ok so im seriously considering doing a v-8 swap in my 89 4x4 ext cab. What i want is picture of other peoples swap. Im interested in both 5.0 and 4.6 swaps as i am considering both. If i do one i will keep it EFI so im really interested in those swaps. So lets see all those swaps so i can get...
  14. 2.9 vs 4.0 crank

so i was wondering what all was different between the 2.9 and 4.0 as far as crankshafts are conserned. basically can i take a 4.0 crank put it in a 2.9 block and gain some stroke.
  15. 2.9 block differences

so is there any difference between 2.9 blocks through the years. I have an 89 ranger and i was thinking of getting the motor out of a 86 bronco 2 to slowly rebuild so that when i do the suspension mods on my ranger i can just drop in a new motor too. so is there any differences in the blocks.
  16. 2.9 to 4.0 transmission

so my dad has a 95 explorer with the 4.0 and automatic, he is looking at swapping that motor into like a 87 or 88 bronco II that had the 2.9l. the bronco II has an automatic. would there be any chance that the transmissions in the bronco would bolt up to the 4.0 as the tranny in the explorer is...
  17. wtf whered my oil pressure go

ok so tonight i started having some problems. for the past few days my 89 xlt 4x4 hasnt been charging quite right then finally tonight it broke the belt and died at the grocery store in the dark with temp below zero. so i got that fixed and got it jumped with my fiances pickup and let it run for...
  18. fender exit headers for 2.9

so does anyone know of anyone who makes a fenderwell exit header for the 2.9l v-6 in an 89 ranger xlt ext cab. I think it would be nice as it opens up so much room between the frame rails as well as keeps the exhaust up out of the way when off road. so anyone make them or is this gunna be a...
  19. deaver springs

So ive been doing some reading and it sounds like deaver springs are pretty much the best out there. so im thinking of doing the chevy style rear on my 89 ranger when i lift it 4 inches. so can i get a spring from deaver for an 88-98 chevy half ton and use that with a flipped longer shackles. If...
  20. are bronco two and ranger dashes the same

so i have an 89 ranger and the dash has a few things broken on it, i know where two bronco twos are tho so will a dash out of one of them fit??? thanks guys.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad