• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Carrier Bearing R&R

Fine. Call it a center support bearing. Either way. I have to do mine coming up and wasn't sure where to ask. Would it be helpful to write up a tech article on it? I didn't find one at all. Can add pictures and even video.. might be helpful for those less-confident with using a cut-off wheel on...
  2. '89 2.9 to 4.0 OHV swap

Title explains it. Found a 90 4.0 w/ comp/harness for my 1989 2.9L. My only question is.. does it bolt up all shiney like to the Mazda M5OD transmission or am I looking at swapping stuff around? The starter I already have laying around.. I'm a veritable part's store.
  3. Cab Mount Hardware

Howdy fellas. I'm putting a Prothane polyurethane set of cab mounts on my truck coming out, but the old girl's hardware's pretty rusted out. I'd like to just replace all of it, but it seems getting it from LMC (the only? source) is incredibly expensive. Any alternative sources for the OEM...
  4. ABS Valve Bleed - 89

So I have a 1989 Supercab, RWD. 2.9l. Happy little truck. It just ate some brakes on me and I put in new wheel cylinders, drums, shoes (mechanical damage), hardware, adjusters.. not fun when a hold down nail snaps off at 65. Fun night. So I bled it all out and I was looking for the ABS valve...
  5. No balls. :(

Honest, I like my 2.9. And I love my truck. But I feel like I should have just a little bit more get-up-and-go than being totally unable to accelerate after about the 55 mark without going down a hill or holding it to the floor for a long period of time. It doesn't even rev above 2,000 in 5th...
  6. Driveshaft Pinion Flange

Owing to some oopsie, my original marks for the alignment of the flange connection are no longer visible. How crucial is it that it's bolted the same way to the flange? The rest of the shaft is in balance, but do I need to worry about the pinion flange orientation, or just ignore it, or make new...
  7. '99 Tahoe, '59 Viking 60

Let's start with the 1999 Tahoa, has a 5.7 litre V8 in it. Of course. From what I've got, when you go around a curve (keep it steered one way or another), the steering wheel will jerk. It'll go back without a fight, but it snaps towards center pretty hard. Tie rod ends, balljoints, sway bar...
  8. Seat Bolt ...not there

While removing my driver's side seat today, I noticed one of the front bolts is actually broken off (the other 3 look brand new...hmm!). It seems flush with the floor pan. The seat is pretty sturdy with just 3, but still. Am I going to have to drill it and retap/replace it, or can I just replace...
  9. Rear Propshaft Q?

Something just seems off here. I have a 1989 2wd Ranger XLT with what appears to be a two piece driveshaft. That's..come apart in the middle? I've removed the rear leaf springs and waiting to get time to throw on the second new one, and in the mean time the rubber boot that appears to cover a...
  10. Upper Rad Hose

...Refuses to fit quite right. It's not workin' out since I've thrown the rad back in (again), even the old hoses doesn't quite work. The new one downright doesn't go on..at all. It LOOKS like the rad isn't quite mounting fully against the front of the truck, but I can't find anything that's...
  11. Clutch Pedal Question.

This is really more of an annoyance than anything, the tranny still shifts baby-smooth, but the clutch pedal seems to only do any real work in the first 3/4" of travel or so -- the rest of the way to the floor doesn't effect it, and releasing the pedal, it only 'catches' in that last 3/4" or so...
  12. Header Installation

Hooray, JBAs. Shiney, very, very shiney. Into an 89 2.9l -- managed to nab the headers off someone tossing a truck, sweet gig. :yahoo: Any gotchas to watch out for other than snapping off studs/bolts? The thing might as well have been dunked in PB blaster and left there for a week with how I've...
  13. Water Outlet..Gasket?

..Where'd the water outlet gasket go? I RTV'd it when I reinstalled it, but what's up with not being able to find a replacement or even a mention of the part? Not the thermostat split o-ring, but the actual outlet had a flat gasket with holes in it for the three bolts, I remember peeling that...
  14. Rear Crossmember

Got my fuel-tank out and started cleaning out the frame to paint it a few days ago, and found a nice little mess. Somehow a good chunk of debris (mud, leaves, etc.) got up in the frame, nice and wet, and sit there long enough to rust away part of the bracket for the rear crossmember. Really...
  15. Water Pump Pulley

After getting it all together nice and neat and hooking up the distributor, I finally remembered I need a water pump pulley. And after searching junkyards for 2 weeks, this is becoming a vexatious task. Does anyone know where to find the Water Pump Pulley, for a 1989 Ranger w/o A/C, w/ a 5spd...
  16. Water Pump ?s

I've gotten all the gaskets for my shiney new water pump & everything I've removed from my 89 Ranger, but caught myself on a snag. Two of the water pump bolts rounded off during removal and had..well, come out the hard way. Needless to say, the heads on them are..mangled. Can I just grab a...
  17. Total Rear Suspension Replacement

So, I took the bed off the truck today -- an '89 Supercab Ranger -- to replace the shackle brackets. Edit: Shocks installed and getting hardware tomorrow. Praise the discount. Going to start Rust-Bullet application Monday if possible. Any preferences on leaf springs aside from Junkyarding...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad