• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. stuck in gear?

was driving down the highway with a broken clutch. i had to start it into first then jam it into other gears. while driving in 4th i hear a loud like snap and grinding noise which made me slow to a stop quickly. then stuck in gear i think moving the shifter into gear and the truck wont move...
  2. fried electical?

truck wasnt starting just a few clicks and dash lights went on. almost started when tryed to jump. tryed putting a car battery in to see if it was the battery that was the problem but i put the pos cable on the neg and the neg cable on the pos, oooops , saw a spark and now no power nothing, no...
  3. starter???

drove my truck this morning running alright as usual. it usually fires right up no problem but lately it turns over a few more times than usual but still fires up. got home fine then when a buyer came to look at the truck it started but sounded really weak before it fired up. then i turned the...
  4. sticky shifting...

88 ranger. sometimes when i go to put my truck into reverse or into first gear its really hard to push the shifter into place. kinda have to wiggle it around sometimes to get it into gear then its a ruff shift. sometimes (rarely) its rugged shifting into other gears... thanks for the help also...
  5. Overheating!!!

my 88 ranger has overheating the past month or so, not so bad just needed to put coolant in a couple times a week then after a 2 hour drive the other day it overheated so i pulled over and opened the hood to find it steaming. i waited about 30 minutes till it cooled then put gallon and a half...
  6. Boggin n backfiring...

Aloha my 88 will be driving cherry then will start to bog down and some times a loud pop comes out the exaust pipe.
  7. 4x4 not working port side

4x4 engages in lower gear but it's the hubs/drivetrain? Took front wheels off and right hub works and locks but the left one get nothing. I noticed on the right side the drive train that goes through to the hubs is one piece about an inch and a half long that fits right into the hubs so can...
  8. Stuck in the mud with 4x4

Found out the hard way 4x4 isn't working... When I engage 4x4 I get the light on the dash that says it's on, I get the lower gear but the front wheels aren't going, (they still move but when stuck not all four wheels were turning) a friend helping said the thing that makes the 4x4inthe front was...
  9. yup

k so now... old battery back in, cleaned wires that connect to the battery, checked for loose wires & spark plugs and also put in new air filter. BOOM started right up!! HOWEVER...its still boggin while driving after goin uphill for a few miles or 30+ mile trips starts to bog... if i force the...
  10. 88 ranger won't start, no turn over, nothing..

was driving my truck the last couple weeks and it was running ok. One day a week ago while driving up the highway up he mountain it bogged out and died. I tried starting it up and nothing happened, no turn over nothing. Competely dead then after about 15 minutes wait it fired right up: so I...
  11. Boggin ranger also need help install fuel filter

Aloha! Just got 1988 2.9l ranger and it's boggin out on me:( was fine untill started headin up the mountain then bogged out and died then wouldn't start for about 8 minutes not even turning over. Now just cruzing flat it's alright but sometimes start to bog. I know nothing about trucks so anyone...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad