• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. footee

Grinding with an M5OD

Got me a grinding in gear. Not going into gear, but when trying to move. Pulled it then drained it. Was some shavings on the plug. Pulled the top cover off and looked around, don’t see any gears or syncros sheared or anything. I bought the truck this way. Put in gear, let out the clutch, give...
  2. footee

A planetary problem?

I picked up this truck, 97 Ranger 4.0 5-speed manual t-case, with a grinding problem. Put it in first or reverse, slowly let the clutch out while giving gas, it grabs for a second then just grinds. In 4-low it moves fine but I didn’t give it any gas. Guy said clutch is a year old and it feels...
  3. footee

D35 spider gears

After pulling my diff out, I noticed my spider gears are all sheared off. I’ve searched all over for a new set and the closest I’ve found is on eBay but they say they only work though ‘93. My truck is a ‘97. Will those work? I thought all internals are the same on the d35.
  4. footee

Gaskets?

I had to pull my exhaust to drop my tranny for a clutch change. I didn't install new gaskets from the y pipe to manifolds. It does sound like it's leaking a little but will that cause a trouble code? I have a couple o2 censor codes, p1131 and p1151, didn't know if that could be caused by the...
  5. footee

Easy blend door question

I'm workin on an 04 Explorer. Noticed the vents weren't blowing as hard as they should. I got behind the glovebox and noticed the tab is broken on the door, actuator working properly. Can just that tab be replaced or do I need to get an entire blend door? ...and go through the headache of...
  6. footee

CMP question

I have a 96 3.0 that I was changing the clutch out of. When I was getting to the top bolts of the tranny, I noticed the CMP was very loose, kind of floating in the hole, which explained the oil pressure drops with the ac on and at idle. Anyway, I then pulled it out and replaced it following all...
  7. footee

M5OD front seal

I have a 96 Ranger 4.0 M5OD with the manual 1354. Recently, the CV in the driveshaft died, ripping the transfer case off the tranny...at 65mph... So now that I have that all fixed, I check under the truck every day to make sure all my bolts are still there and my seals are good. Before I...
  8. footee

Suzuki brakes ?

So my inlaws need front end work done on their '06 Suzuki XL7 and the shop they took it to says it's gonna cost 1500 and all they're gonna replace is brake pads and rotors. Of course, I got volunteered to do the work. My worry is, am I missing something? I can't imagine any brake job costing...
  9. footee

Speedo ? not covered in stickie

My speedo in my 92 Xploder runs about 5mph off at 70mph when it is cold but gets back to normal once it warms up. Any ideas? Seems pretty strange to me since it's cable operated. Guess it could be in the cluster, but everything else works fine, except the gas guage. Tach is still spot on. Even...
  10. footee

Quick ? on hesitation

My 4.0 in my 92 Sploder has a hesitation when it is cold. Goes away once it's warmed up. Any ideas? Just under acceleration after it's first started. It's about 30 degrees here. Step on the gas, fall on its face, then goes right along. Then doesn't come back once the engine is warmed up. I'm...
  11. footee

Lift the rear

I want to lift the rear of my Explorer without doing the SOA conversion like I did on my last one. Anyone know what my options are? Lookin at 6" lift for the front so I'd prolly need 4 or 5 for the rear.
  12. footee

Fuel guage quit working and other issues

I have two different 92 Explorers. The first is pretty easy. The fuel guage stopped working on the previous owner. He said it worked sometimes then just quit altogether. My question, is it the unit in the tank that's faulty or in the cluster? It is a 4.0 auto just for reference. My other...
  13. footee

Fuel tank ?

I have a '92 Sploder Sport 2 door. It has a hole in the side of the fuel tank about the size of a quarter. I tried patching it but it didn't hold. My only other option it seems is to replace the tank. Which is where my question lies. Are all tanks the same, 4-door or 2-door? I know my inlet tube...
  14. footee

Iac?

Before I pulled my motor out of my Ranger, I was trying to get it to idle and run better. I put a TPS, IAC, MAF, coil, air filter, plugs and wires in it. The TPS got the idle down from about 2500 to about 1500. I can't get it to come down any further, however, when I unplugged the IAC, it idled...
  15. footee

Does my gas tank fit

I have a '92 Ranger, reg cab, long bed, 4X4. I'm swapping parts to a '92 Explorer Sport and my question is; is the fuel tank a direct swap? As I was putting fuel in the Explorer, it started gushing out of a quarter sized hole in the side of the tank. That was fun to clean up in the garage! But I...
  16. footee

Need some info on a lift swap

I have a 92 Ranger, as seen in the pic, that is donating its whole drivetrain to a 92 Explorer Sport that I just purchased. I've been told the motor/tranny/t-case swap should work flawlessly. However, I noticed the rear axle set up is a spring under, whereas the Ranger is spring over. I want to...
  17. footee

Swapping 4.0 for 4.0

I'm swapping my whole 4.0, m50d, and elec. t-case out of my 92 Ranger to a 92 Explorer that ran the same setup. Am I going to run in to any issues here, or will they swap with no problems, computer or otherwise?
  18. footee

I want more power!!!

I'm in the process of yanking my 4.0 out of my 92 Ranger to drop into a 92 Exploder. Off roading is all my truck sees and since the Ranger got set on its lid last fall, I need a new toy. That's where the Sploder comes in. I'm getting the Sploder for a couple hundred bucks but with no motor or...
  19. footee

Looking for a good 5-speed to run

I need a better tranny. That sums it up. This junk mitsu tranny just plain sucks. I guess I can't bolt any other t-cases up to it. The truck is mainly an off-road play toy and I'd like to get a better t-case setup someday. My clutch is getting ready to go and I don't want to spend the money on a...
  20. footee

Looking to add more pictures

How do I add more pictures to my account/profile?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad