• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by TRanger03

1. Where can I find gears for 03 front diff

Going up to pull a part next weekend to get an explorer axle for the rear, and bought a set of 4.56 gears for the rear diff. Right now my Ranger has 4.10s, where can I find gears so I can match the front?
  2. Body lift question need help

Alright, my friend wants do a body lift on his 98 explorer sport. He's on a tight budget and doesn't want to pay for a new lift, so me and one of my other friends decided we'd give him our leftover blocks from our rangers. We have enough blocks for the lift and we won't have any problems getting...
  3. Ranger DBR Longtravel vs Raptor Discussion

Earlier today, my buddies and I were having an argument over whats better off road, a 98+ Ranger 4x4 with the DBR Longtravel kit, or a stock f150 raptor. I'm just interested in seeing everyones oppinion. I had to make the argument that you buy and build a brand new ranger to be more effectice...
  4. Ranger 4.10s in explorer axle?

Just a quick question. Will the stock 4.10s in my ranger bolt right up to an explorer carrier in the 31 spline 8.8?
  5. Front End Problem

Just a quick question. My tire is slightly towed in at the top (drivers front). I've replaced the lower ball joint, tie rod end, new camber kit, and had a front end alignment done. I had the upper ball joint tested at a shop with that puller tool and its fine. We noticed that the upper A-arm has...
  6. Lifting an 88 2wd?

My friends 88' 2wd ranger had 205x70r14 tires on it, and he bought my stock wheels and tires which are 245x75r16. They fit on just fine, naturally the front rubs when he turns. I've been searching through the tech library and some online stores. He just needs a little lift up front. He doesn't...
  7. Help me find pics!

Thinking about getting some 18s or 20s, with a new set of 33s or 35s for my truck. Can someone link me some pics if lifted Rangers so I can get an idea whether I like it or not. Right now I have just a 3in body lift and 2in torsion bar crank with 2in shackle lift in the rear.
  8. Building a boat for small ships out of a Ford Bed!

Every year Quaker Steak and Lube in Hermitage, PA runs a contest/festival called Small Ships. Contestents build there own little boat and sail it down the river next to the lube. The boat that makes it the farthest down the river wins! A couple of my buddies and I are planning to make our boat...
  9. Overheating Problem 03 4.0 SOHC

Last night I made the bonehead decision to try and go through a pit thats pretty deep, mostly water but it was pretty heavily iced over. I broke the ice and kept going to the very end my check guage light came on and my engine was smoking. I backed out of the pit, let it cool, started driving...
  10. Looking for a project. What should I build?

Well, Im finally about to start working again within the next few weeks. I'm looking for something that I could build up for a mud/trailtruck. I'll be on a very limited budget. A couple weeks back I almost made a deal on a Bronco but the deal fell through. Heres the options that I'm considering...
  11. Hit black ice and flew off the road today

So I was on my way back from Pymatuning Valley earlier today, going a lot faster then I should I have been, and hit black ice. My ranger went sliding all over the road and into a giant field. I would say the snow was atleast 2 feet deep. I almost got it out, but managed to get myself buried in...
  12. Possibly buying a Bronco

So about a week ago I was driving down to my friends and his new neighbors had a fullsize Bronco sitting in the driveway with a for sale sign on it, $600. It looks beaten, body has a good deal of rust, and the doors are real bad. I havn't called the guy selling it yet to get specifics, but i...
  13. Cheap suspension lift for 98+, why buy a superlift?

Why pay $2000+ for the superlift kit when you can buy 3inch tbar keys, crank your tbars 2 additional inches and buy add-a-leafs, bigger blocks, and shackles for the rear and get an even bigger lift? Just a thought that ran through my mind earlier today. I'm sure Superlifts kit is better, but is...
  14. Tire Fitment Question

I've searched the sight and there isn't anything on here about what I'm considering. I'm running 33x12.5 on 15x10s with my tbars cranked 1in and a 3in body lift (miner bumper trimming to prevent little rub I had upfront). If I were to buy 2.25in tbar keys, max out cranking my tbars, and put a...
  15. Anyone ever mod the 4.0 to a 4.3 stroker using the Tom Morana kit?

Anyone ever use the kit? I read about it in the tech library and it seemed like a cool mod, but I'm not sure if its worth $2,600

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad