• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by stingray

1. 4.0 sohc

hey guys,i just recently done the pita timing chains in my engine and I am also replacing oil pump,i would also like to replace the drive gear that runs the pump.however I can not get it out of the block,i guess that is seized in there,i do have the engine out.i also have the pump out,is there...
  2. 2003 explorer tranny lines

Hey guys,i have a 2003 explorer with the 4.0 sohc automatic trans.I am pulling the engine out, started to remove the radiator and looks like i need a special tool to remove the trans lines from radiator.Looks like the fuel line tool but i tried mine and the tool is to wide.Anyone know what i...
  3. o/d light flashing

hey guys, i hav a 2001 ranger, 3.0 litre, automatic trans. The problem is that the o/d light flashes while driving,seems to go through all the gears just fine,light just flashes,should i not drive the vehicle or is it ok to drive with light flashing.not trying to ignore problem just don't have...
  4. possible overdrive problem

hey guys,i have a 2001 ranger with 3.0 automatic.The problem i'm having is that the overdrive on the dash is not lighting up,(possible bulb). I just got the to drive the truck after purchasing and i noticed that at 55mph the tachometer is reading 3,000 rpm. Seems a little high to me,Just wanted...
  5. wierd pad wear

ok guys, i have a 2001 ranger 2wd 3.0 litre w/front abs. the problem i'm having is when i checked the front brakes i found that the front pads were about 1'' taller than the rotor causing the pads to have a deep wear groove in them and the 1'' of the top of the pad being above the rotor. is this...
  6. seeing red

ok guys, so i have replaced heads,all new gaskets,timing chain and gears,cam sync. and crank sensor,truck runs but hard to start and misses,after starting truck this evening and looking around i noticed that both of the exhaust pipes coming off the manifold were glowing red. i will assume that...
  7. need a little help please

hey guys, i have a 2001 ranger 3.0 that i bought off of a guy,it didn't run when i bought so i replaced crank sensor,cam synchronizer,plugs,wires,still never ran,tore engine apart and found blown head gasket,took heads to machine shop and found head was cracked so i purchased 2 new heads,put...
  8. what year engine will work?

hey guys, my ranger is a 2001 with eigth digit of vin being v. what year engines will work in my ranger.i was told only 2001 will work.is this true?
  9. Help please!!!!!

:icon_confused::icon_confused:hey guys, i just purchased a 2001 ranger from a guy and the engine runs hot,he has changed t-stat,water pump,hoses,etc. i tore into the engine and found blown head gasket on pass. side. took heads to machine shop and found that one of the heads are cracked.now here...
  10. 01 ranger will crank no start

hey guys i just bought a 2001 ranger, it will crank but not start, the previous owner put new alternator,plugs,wires,ignition coil. it has compression,it has spark at #1 plug,it is getting fuel,it sounds a little wierd when it cranks,almost like it is out of time,i have also checked the inertia...
  11. tranny problems

hi guys, my friend has a 2000 ranger 4x4 extended cab with 4.0 litre automatic trans. (do not know the model of the trans.) truck has 227,000 miles on it,anyway the problem that he is having is when he is driving down the highway at cruising speeds (60-65) the transmission at times just feels...
  12. a/c compressor

hey guys, i have a 98 explore w/4.0 sohc. the a/c compressor went bad and i'm getting ready to replace it. i have alreadt removed the compressor. the hayne's manual says to replace the amount of oil that came out of the old compressor but i do not know how much came out.also do i put the oil in...
  13. 3.0 to 4.0 ranger engine swap

hey guy's i have a '99 ranger (extended cab 4w/d) it has the powerless 3.0 engine in it, i am thinking of swapping it with a 4.0. how much is involved as far as will the trans bolt right up to the 4.0? (it is an automatic) i have been told that the complete engine wiring harness will have to be...
  14. 02 explorer rear end question

hey guys, a friend of mine has a 02 explorer 4x4 with tow package that has 373 gears in rear ends. apparently his left rear wheel bearing went out and it ruined the spindle and axle,etc. he found a complete rear end out of another 02 explorer that has 355 gears, question is could he use the axle...
  15. no brakes

well since no one bothered to answer my last post probably because no one has an answer on how to fix the problem. maybe someone will have the know how to answer this one. my friend has a 2000 ranger, 4wd, 4.0 litre that the brakes go to the floor, he has replaced master-cylinder (bench bled)...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad