• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by RJAAAAAA

1. RJAAAAAA

Project Outrangerous Returns

Hello guys; haven't been on here in a while. The truck is running fine and I have put about 30k on the engine since swap but I'm getting itchy to do something. I took the past year or so and redid a 1988 Mustang GT and it's up and running fine so now what? I've been toying with the idea of...
  2. RJAAAAAA

Drive shaft free play at transmission

Not sure where to post this question. I have done a V8 conversion in "Project Outrangerous" and have now checked the drive shaft fit. It slide onto the trans shaft and slide right into place. I have about 3/4" of free play at the transmission. Is that enough? How much is enough? Thanks for the...
  3. RJAAAAAA

Project OUTRANGEROUS 4.6L Install / Phase 2

Well here we go this is the fun part, ready for the install.I picked up a nice 4.0 radiator today out of a Mercury Mountianeer, looks like a 4 row w/ built in trans cooler. It fit like a glove, same brackets and all. I still have room to mount the trans cooler in front. Still need an elect. fan...
  4. RJAAAAAA

Project outrangerous update

Finally think I've got the wiring diagrams figured out and it's time to get started. Pulled the truck in the shop today and yanked out the 3.0 . All went well and she came out nice. Will spend a day or two in the engine compartment cleaning things up and getting it in order. [/IMG] new engine...
  5. RJAAAAAA

4.6 swap update

Been working on cleaning up the new engine before installation, just a little paint and polish goes a long way. Waiting on my tech manuals to arrive so I can be better prepared before fulling the engine out of my truck. Rjaaaaaa [/IMG] [/IMG] [/IMG] [/IMG]
  6. RJAAAAAA

Oil Filter Relocation

I need to relocate the oil filter on my 4.6 P71 for the swap into my 2001 Ranger. However this engine has an oil cooler that taps off oil filter plate which attaches to the engine block, the lower coolant neck is also an integral part of this mounting plate. I've never seen an engine that does...
  7. RJAAAAAA

PROJECT OUTRANGEROUS Post#2

Well I started work on the engine today and gave it the once over. All looks good. Decided to call this project "PROJECT OUTRANGEROUS". I took the alternator apart and did a little sanding and polishing, only took about 4 hrs. I think it looks great and will stand out on the finished engine...
  8. RJAAAAAA

let the swap begin 3.0 to 4.6

Pulled my 4.6 today, all went pretty good. Also got complete steering column( funny thing this ignition is not a PATS type, thats good !!),computer, shifter from a 97 stang, driveshaft and some exhaust stuff. When we got the engine out and looked it over it had a tag on it that said it was a...
  9. RJAAAAAA

Let the swap begin !! / 3.0 out 4.6 in

I'll be pulling out my 4.6 at the junk yard tomorrow. I've been reading about some of the swaps and see a few 4.6 but I'm still worrying about the electronics and how it all will connect. I sure could use an encouraging word here. No one seems to mention this part of the swap which either means...
  10. RJAAAAAA

New member / new engine swap

I'm new here on the forum but I've been reading some great and informative posts for awhile. I'm getting ready to do an engine swap in my 2001 ranger edge, 3.0 manual. I've purchased a 2004 4.6 engine & trans from a CV police cruiser. I'll be pulling the engine on Monday 9/5. I've made a list of...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad