• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Red beast

1. Front wheel bearings?

I have replaced my front wheel bearings 3 times in the past 6 months. Each time i use brand new bearings, clean everything nice as far as spindle and lock nuts and such. Tons of grease, new wheel seal. I tighten the first nut up snug not too much just enough that i dont have any play new lock...
  2. Are there any cali legal headers fot the 4.0

Just trying to. See if there are any offered out there. Im still keeping all my cats exhaust etc just wanted to see if there are some better ones available.
  3. Xj coils on ttb

I have done a little searching but not sure i found the right info. My ranger is a 95 4x4 ttb with 4.0 and extended cab. I live on a dirt road and the washboards really beat the hell out of my truck. Currently i have stock springs with a spacer under them and my coils on the top are very close...
  4. Replacing the camshaft synchronizer

I have searched and i cant seem to find the info im looking for. Mixed reviews on being a real bitch or easy. I got the part, popped the hood and took a peek. My question is how the **** do i get to it? Im fairly confident on putting the synchro in but how much do i need to unbolt to get to it...
  5. Best balljoints to buy?

I live on a dirt road and the wash board really puts a hrting on my bj and tie rods. Its time for me to replace them. What are the best options to go with. Im not into going to vatozone every 6 months to replace them. I need some durable joints that will last. Any suggestion will be great.
  6. Camshaft synchro 4.0

I called ford to order the part for my truck. They say it is a discontinued part. Are there any aftermarket parts that will suffice? I have called 3 dealerships and got the same info from each one. What should i do?
  7. Fairly new here.

Ive been hanging around here for a short period of time and i just want to say thank you to those who have helped me chase a few issues with my truck. I see that this forum has a lot of nice people here and is a very friendly site. I plan on hanging out here for some time. Is there a so cal...
  8. Ball joints..... Help

I tried searching but i didnt have much luck. I need to replace my balljoints on my 95 ttb 4x4. They are sloppy and are starting to wobble on the road. I have never repalced ball joints before. I know that auto zone rents a tool and harbor freight carries one as well. Question is who do i use...
  9. 4.0 chirping/ squeal

My ranger chirps when i start it up. Once it runs for a minute it goes away. I have replaced the ac compressor which was bad and squealed, idler pulley, tensioner pulley, and the belt. I cant exactly tell where its coming from. Sometimes it sounds like the engine, bellhousing, ive tried the wd...
  10. Low bottom end power?

The acceleration in my truck just isnt there. Even when im starting off into first gear from a stop there is hesitation like it wants to die when i let out the clutch. It runs well after i get it up to speed but the bottom end just straight up sucks. Up hill is next to embarassing. What do i...
  11. Manual Transmission parts?

Where can i find manual trans parts for a 95 4x4 with a 4.0 ? M50d-r1. My trans has something going on. I can hear some clicks and clacks but at the moment everything seems to run ok. My shifter sometimes makes me wrestle it into 1 and R. If something is going out i would like to know where to...
  12. I need to replace fuel injectors.... What do i need?

My truck is a 95 4.0. Plastic plenum. What fuel injectors come in my truck? 19 24 lb? I have had good luck with ebay injectors and i run 19 lb four hole injectors in my jeep xj. I got all 6 for 60 bucks rebuilt. Any tips?
  13. Clunking?

I have a clunk that happens when i shift. Either up or down. If i ease into the gear it doesnt happen. If im on it than i will get a clunk. I have checked engine and trans mounts and all are good. It feels more like slop in the drivetrain comin from the center or rear of the truck. I dont see...
  14. Bad gas mileage.

My truck has been eating gas. What used to be a 25 dollar round trip to work is now a 35-40 dollar trip. This started not too long ago and i wasnt sure if it was just me or something was up. I have owned the truck very long about 6 months or so. I swear i can smell gas under the hood like its...
  15. Spindle nuts keep coming loose.

Does anyone have a solution to this problem? Mine is a 95 4x4 ttb d35. The passenger side spindle nuts keep coming loose. And then i get wheel play. I have used the wrench, bfh and a punch. I think i have them locked down nice and tight and then they loosen up again. Is this common or are my...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad