• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Noflers

1. Something squeeks, but not for long.

When I start the truck up in the morning I hear a high pitch squeeling. The squeel only lasts for maybe ten minutes, about when the truck warms up. What could it be?
  2. Help me identify this alternator?

Got this off a 2003 Explorer at the pick and pull. I took it in to test it and the guy told me it must be from an 04, but something was wrong and he couldn't test it. I'm just wondering what the hell it cam from if it wasn't the original alt from the 03. Any help? I just need to know what it's...
  3. Help with seats please

I have found what I think are two options for seats to swap into my 99 standard cab Ranger. Can someone help me confirm whether they will fit or not? Also, the mustang seats have cigarette ash "stains". Is there a way to remove them. And since there are ashes on the seats, I'm sure they a bit...
  4. Well a Mazda hitch receiver for my Ranger?

I plan on finding a used hitch receiver at the junk yard and I'm hoping to open up the possibility of finding one just in case there isn't one on any off the rangers.
  5. Real Proud of my Upgraded Canopy Sleeper

Before: After: There's also a trap door on the platform near the cab for access to the storage underneath, but I don't have a photo of that at the moment. There's 100% more storage in there now and I still have the sleep platform. Loving it!
  6. Rhythmic Clunk/Tick/Rubbing Sound

When coming to a complete stop with my brakes I can hear this sound and it's consistent with my speed. This doesn't happen when slowing down in reverse, or when I slow down while in neutral so I believe I've ruled out the brakes. Important notes: I pulled the drive shaft off to replace the axle...
  7. Okay, This Has Gotten Out Of Hand...

My cooling fan, I stays on constantly, cold or hot. I've heard it could be my CEL, or the that the fan clutch is bad, but whatever it is it needs to stop. Oh, I forgot to mention that the fan seems to be off balance which, I'm sure, is only causing it to rob more power from the engine and...
  8. Party Time Lounge Build!

I was thinking about how to secure my bed to the frame because the bed is rusted out around the two bolts closest to the bed. I decided I was going to send the mounting bolts through a 48"x8"x3/4" piece of plywood. This brought back memories of when I wanted to turn my bed w/canopy into a 2-3...
  9. Few important questions...

My bed is rusted out around where the two mounting bolts attach it to the frame closest to the cab, what are the dangers? I'd post a photo of this, but something is going on with the site and not allowing me to... I'm looking for a bit of a boost in mpg and I'm wondering what the best route to...
  10. What is this thing, and why does it only have one wire connecting to it!?

The radiator connects to this hub or whatever it is. The only check engine code on the truck points to the fuel tank pressure sensor (which has been replaced but stills sends a code...)
  11. A/C is out, want to remove

My a/c unit doesn't work and I think I just want to get rid of it. The way I see it, I don't feel like I need it and the belt will have one less component to spin. Questions: can I just use a non-ac belt after removing it? Will I also need to replace the heater box?
  12. Looking for help with parking brakes

My number one concern is that the parking brake on my 99 2wd Ranger doesn't work, and since I love on a hill that worries me. Before inspecting the drum and pads I tightened the star wheel as much as possible, but only had limited grab and only on one side. I pulled the drum off the side that...
  13. New to Fords in Portland, Oregon

Hey all, last month I bought a 1999 Ford Ranger XLT with 135,000 miles at a great price. It's got a few things needing attention so I'll be asking plenty of questions soon. Thanks for having me!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad