• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by mosher41

1. mosher41

tranny swap

Will a 4r55e out of a 1997 3.0 2wd swap even with a 4r55e in 1999 4.0 4wd
  2. mosher41

4r55e dead?

Hey all you tranny guru's....Question is my 4r55e tranny dead ? 1) On my way to work O/D light started flashing 2) After work started truck no reverse for a couple seconds then went in but definetly slipping, checked fluid, added a quart, slipped at start-up, then would lock up and drive OK...
  3. mosher41

99 shifting hard

guys, I have a 99 4.0 4x4 after the truck warms up or about 5-10 miles. When leaving from a dead stop the truck seems clunk into gear. Now if it does not come to a complete stop, or under driving conditions it does not do it at all. It shifts up and down smooth and there is 0 signs of...
  4. mosher41

4.0 ohv rebuild

MY complete re-build is complete and back running. and running great. Some observations while inside the motor. As far as you guys asking how to " Soup Up" your 4.0 DONT BOTHER....the heads will flow decent numbers, but the intake is a joke 25% of the port is casting, so you really cant match...
  5. mosher41

4.0 engine rebuild

Guys, I will have the engine out tomorrow. Stilll have not really found root cause for the oil smoke out the exhaust WE WILL I have found several chioces for rebuild kits and after-market parts but cant know all of them, so please send me any part suppliers you might think would be good...
  6. mosher41

oil smoke

Here's a strange one....while driving on express way and exiting, HUGE billows of oil smoke out the exhaust. drove around and smogged everyone in the neighborhood for a while...then POOF it was gone and has not come back. Oil level fine, no codes, running great, in fact it's getting 18+...
  7. mosher41

4.0 OHV no power

This thing is killing me: New (motorcraft) plugs, new fuel filter, cleaned MAF, all compressions good, all spark good, plugs look lean, pressureizes cooling system very quickly, idles fine at 1000/1100. just no power at all... seems to rev up to about 2000 and then flattens out bad....motor...
  8. mosher41

99 4.0 OHV Smoke

Guys, The thing was running great....installed a jet chip & K&N kit we had laying around.... ran even better. A week later.... Started to loose power this am, it smelled of oil when i got out, milked it home. NO POWER, found oil in the intake duct and the oil filler neck has smoke puffing...
  9. mosher41

P0320 8 plug motor

Guys, I have 96 4 cyl 2.3 8 plug motor. Skipping and sputtering. Getting P0320 code. Something about a ignition / distributor malfunction. Any ideas
  10. mosher41

flat tow 4wd

guys, I am looking to tow my 04 XLT 4.0 auto, 4wd behind the motor home. Ford offers a neutral tow kit part # 3L2Z-7H332-AA. Our local dealer says NO.... any ideas here guys
  11. mosher41

Iac,tps,wtf

Guys, I just replaced the IAC and the truck ran awesome for about 60 miles....it then started studdering and just lost all of it's get up and go. I did get a code P0455.....and that is for a gross leak in the Evap System. Do I need to marry up the new IAC somehow or is it just a coincidence...
  12. mosher41

thick fog

i am from frosty upstate NY.....when starting my 99 4.0 it has a very thick fog from the exhaust for about 1 mile then it clears up and is gone. I know most cars do this in the winter but this seems to be much thicker than any I have experianced before. Is this normal for this engine and...
  13. mosher41

idle at start-up

OK guys, heres another one. just changed head gaskets and truck runs great BUT upon cold start up the thing idles high, then stalls a couple times. As it starts to warm up it will rev up and down from about 800rpm to 2200. Once the thing has run for a bit it clears right up and idles perfect...
  14. mosher41

no 4wd

i 99 4.0 4wd with the turn knob on the dash....when i turn the knob to 4high, the light lights up on the dash and when i try and spin the tires it seems i dont have the fronts powered. and it wont even light up the 4 low. I am new to this forum, you guys helped me get the thing running...
  15. mosher41

bad idle and backfiring

i just got a 99 4.0 ranger and changed both head gaskets....the heads were pressure checked and were deemed ok. this truck did not run when I got it. Now it is very hard starting, the idle is terrible and it is backfiring. the left side plugs are very sooty the right ones look better but...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad