• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by macx

1. 93 2wd new to uneven road, my what a rough ride!

I moved 2 weeks ago, now am driving a nicely not busy 2 lane for 32 miles, but most of it has a pretty uneven road surface. Not rough, but quite uneven. I am already sick to death of the constant side to side violent rocking this produces. A rough road is bad enuf, this frequent side to side...
  2. 2003 2.3L High Idle

I'm having the same problem, same symptoms. 93 Thing is, I've got a new IAC and new TPS (not adjustable on a 93) within 250 miles or so, and recently cleaned the EGR and have no vacuum to the EGR at idle. Also have closely checked vac lines, no leaks I can find, and has decent and steady...
  3. Finally solved the dreaded 224 code

Long story short, a few months ago bought what turned out to be a badly neglected 93 2.3 5 speed. Not that many miles at under 80k, but lots of things not working right after I started digging into it to cure what at first seemed to be a minor road-speed driveability problem. Have seen a lot...
  4. Connecting rods

Checked Rock Auto, a little surprising but no connecting rod.
  5. Does alignment tool come with A-Z or Wells crank sensor?

Rock Auto can't tell me if the Wells crank position sensor they sell comes with the plastic alignment tool. I can't seem to find any contacts on the Wells site, either. I do see that Autozone sells that same one, but without it being in stock they can't look. The description says it comes...
  6. Engine control system problems

I think this applies to all the EEC-IV systems rather than just to any one specific engine type, so here goes. 93 Ranger with 5 speed and about 80k miles. Previous owner neglected it horribly. Symptoms are irregular frequent miss or stumble under load in 4th & esp in 5th, at moderate engine...
  7. Strange TPS readings

Might have figured it out.
  8. Shouldn't EGR vac solenoid seal against vacuum?

Been chasing a vacuum leak, vacuum is steady but 2+ pounds low in most situations. Checking anything and everything that has vacuum to/thru it. Found one - the plastic fitting going into the brake booster had a crack in it. Was able to suck air thru the crack quite easily when sealing the...
  9. What's acceptable compression pressure?

Didn't do it "by the book", barely warm engine, more to see if I had any glaring "oops" and to see how much difference there was. Supposedly 80k miles, but might have had speedo changed, if nothing else has been seriously neglected, so - - Forgot to block the throttle body open, but here are...
  10. Throttle body shaft seal linkage side?

I installed a vacuum gauge and found it's running a pound or 2 low from where it should. Looked around for possible vacuum leaks, saw what appears to be a rubber seal with a spring in it to hold it snug around the shaft on the linkage side that's fallen apart. I'm assuming that's to seal the...
  11. Anybody tried an Accel coil pack?

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/ACC-140018/ I'm going to ohm my coil packs, altho I know that may or may not be a reliable indicator of a problem. Have read that going to one of the Accel coil packs improves power and mileage a little. Anyone tried them? I thought I'd maybe get one just...
  12. Injector question

Going to ohm my injectors, about 80k miles. There's a possibility one or more of them aren't functioning quite right. If I find I need one or more replacements, I've read that using the next size larger injector (15 lb/hr versus the stock 14 lb/hr) can help power in the mid and esp upper rpm...
  13. Throttle body shaft seal question

93 2.3, stock. Noticed on the shaft going into the front of the throttle body that there 'appears to be some sort of ring, maybe a seal, that looks like it maybe should fit into a groove in the throttle body around the shaft, maybe to seal it so it doesn't suck air. Does that sound correct...
  14. Holiday Weekend - laying around? NAH!

Got a 4 day weekend, forced on me cuz the job is shut down for Monday. Just got "a few" little chores to attend to on my 93 that I bought a little while ago. Swap transmissions (5 speed) - had it out just after I got it to seal an oil leak. Put in a new clutch, t/o bearing and pilot bearing...
  15. Bed cover help or hurt gas mileage?

I've been a die hard hot rodder all my life and always tweak vehicles for more performance. Purposely restraining myself with this 93 2.3 5 speed I bought recently after my car got stolen. Concentrating more on correcting all the problems caused by horrible neglect, finally have it in pretty...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad